Health Cash Plans - recommendations?

Options
Hi, i can't see a relatively recent thread about this and the MSE article is over a year old. I've just started looking into health cash plans as will need some top tier NHS dental work doing so was looking for some way to help the cost. I also have regular chiropractic appointments as does my daughter, plus glasses and some prescription charges. It looks like for all of the ones I've looked at i'll get more out than i pay in. Looking at Simply Health as there is no qualifying period for what i want to claim for and the payouts look decent. Any recommendations for providers or any reasons not to do this? I already put away about £20 per month to cover the cost of mine and my daughters annual chiropractor so would just be redirecting to this and possibly adding in a little more that i would have paid out for dental or prescription over the year anyway. Thanks.

Comments

• SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm with BHSF.
    Previously with Medicash (got real expensive as they kept increasing their rates).

Check them and compare their benefits payouts with your requirements.
  • Jezzabell
    Jezzabell Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks, I'll take a look. Simplyhealth are looking like the best option for me at the moment but I'll investigate the others.
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    I'm also with BHSF through my employer. As me and my wife both wear glasses it's been good for us with plenty of Physio and hospital stays but may just start putting the money away myself.
  • BrianMorton
    Options
    A cash benefit is an insurance policy that can help cover daily healthcare costs, such as dentist visits, opticians or physiotherapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure