DRO now daughter awarded DLA

Options
Sjtyler
Sjtyler Posts: 14 Forumite
Hi,
My DRO started in December, my daughter has just been awarded DLA, also now entitled to extra tax credits. I am reading mixed things about DLA being considered as income for DRO. Know I need to call them but love to hear any advice. The money will be used solely to improve my 6 year olds quality of life.

Many thanks

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sjtyler wrote: »
    I am reading mixed things about DLA being considered as income for DRO. Know I need to call them but love to hear any advice.

You shouldn't be, because it isn't

However your carers allowance and any increase in tax credits/UC would be, and this could take you over the £50 surplus unless you were very negative before.

In the first instance I would run the situation past your intermediary who will have the original figures.
  • Sjtyler
    Sjtyler Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. My tax credits had dropped by £50 a week since April for the renewal so the extra luckily doesn’t take me over the £50. I have spoken to the insolvency service who have made a note of the DLA.
    Thanks again
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sjtyler wrote: »
    Thank you. My tax credits had dropped by £50 a week since April for the renewal so the extra luckily doesn’t take me over the £50. I have spoken to the insolvency service who have made a note of the DLA.
    Thanks again

Well done!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family