Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• savingmonkey
    Options
    I found a brand of shampoo and conditioner I've not seen in Poundland before, attracted my attention as they say not tested on animals and vegan friendly. Inecto Shea shampoo and Inecto Bamboo conditioner, both 500ml - bottles look like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inecto-Natural-Gorgeously-Glossy-Conditioner/dp/B07N4QJT8T/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=inecto+bamboo+conditioner&qid=1560676242&s=beauty&sr=1-7

Not tried it yet, I just got the conditioner.
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Not even as if it's that cheap either at £1 for 110g!

Bars of Cadbury are usually around the £1 per 100g in Poundshops and Home Bargains - whenever I buy any chocolate items I always use that as a benchmark price. Tesco sell bars this size for £1.50 unless they are on offer. Other major supermarkets are the same. So £1 is not overpriced in comparison to all the other shops.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bars of Cadbury are usually around the £1 per 100g in Poundshops and Home Bargains - whenever I buy any chocolate items I always use that as a benchmark price. Tesco sell bars this size for £1.50 unless they are on offer. Other major supermarkets are the same. So £1 is not overpriced in comparison to all the other shops.
    Its still a lot considering the chocolate quality is inferior, and that Mondelez has a habit of mixing it with cheaper sugary diluents.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Its still a lot considering the chocolate quality is inferior, and that Mondelez has a habit of mixing it with cheaper sugary diluents.

I agree Mondelez have changed the recipe and Dairy Milk is not like it used to be in my childhood but it is still my preferred chocolate. Galaxy sticks to the back of my throat and makes me have a coughing fit so I stay away from that. Cadbury and Galaxy are about the same price per 100g when the main supermarkets don't have them on offer. I'm trying to stay away from products with Palm Oil in them but it's becoming very difficult.
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 June 2019 at 10:29PM
    Options
    Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight:

Heinz Tomato Ketchup 1.35kg - £2 (though HUKDers say it's often £2 in Asda and £1.89 in Home Bargains - I'm an HP Sauce girl, anyway)
    w0Am4i4.jpg?1
    Not technically a bargain, but I haven't seen these anywhere else - Hula Hoops Flavarings 90g - Spicy, Tangy Cheese or Salt & Vinegar, £1
    cZeL5uk.jpg
    Guessing this is store-specific - the lower-tier characters from the SuperHero Girls range, I'm guessing (no Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Hawkgirl left). Poison Ivy, Bumblebee, Katana and Harley Quinn, 6" figures, £2.
    I bought Poison Ivy :)
    LhYuxyE.jpg?1
    Babies' Romper Suits for £5 - Toy Story (Woody)
    Incredibles (Edit: added picture, 19th June)
    Wonder Woman and
    Batman "My Cape Is In The Wash" (probably the cutest - not added all images but there's clickable links)
    Sizes go from 0-3 months up to 12-18 months
    4tj5DB0.jpg?1
    360° Orb COB Robot Light "(Flexible design points the light exactly where you want it), Powered by 3 x AAA batteries, remove tab before use", £2
    bigclive discusses it on Youtube here
    pt5ACnx.jpg?1
    Teacher Gifts, Cards, etc, display:

Top To Bottom, Left To Right:
    "Thank You Teacher" Gift Bags, "#1 Teacher" signs, "#1 Teacher" Rosettes
    All sorts of cards, one design is 2 for £1 on the bottom-left of the shelf
    "#1 Teacher/You're The Best" Reusable Coffee Cups
    Ceramic Silver "Best Teacher" Stars, "Youre The Best" keepsake tins, "#1 Teacher" Notepads
    "Best Teacher" Teddies and Smiley Stars (soft toys)
    There are Chocolate Oranges and Turkish Delight boxes underneath but these are often in Poundland.
    Clickable link here

(Near the entrance) £1 Dove Shower Gels (for women) Hand Washes and Dove Men Care Shower Gels, £1 (can't see the mls, though)!
    DgLLmzG.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The roses I bought from Poundland a few months ago have come to bloom, and are just stunning. I have an orange Dutch Kronenbourg from a few years ago and that's just getting more beautiful every year.

So much joy from just £1 :j
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Sophy
    Sophy Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone bought a purple rose from Poundland that turned out to be purple? This is a long term hobby of mine, but no luck yet. This years rose turned out to be a (very nice, fragrant) dark pink....
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a DO NOT BUY anti-recommendation for 151 mould and mildew remover

151-mould-and-mildew-remover-500ml.jpg

This stuff is USELESS. I sprayed it on a couple of patches of black mould in the bathroom several times and it did absolutely nothing. The Wilko 75p stuff would have got rid of the mould, but sadly they no longer sell it. Will try a differennt brand next time. The 151 cleaner could be tap water for all the good it did.
  • squiggles
    squiggles Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a DO NOT BUY anti-recommendation for 151 mould and mildew remover

151-mould-and-mildew-remover-500ml.jpg

This stuff is USELESS. I sprayed it on a couple of patches of black mould in the bathroom several times and it did absolutely nothing. The Wilko 75p stuff would have got rid of the mould, but sadly they no longer sell it. Will try a differennt brand next time. The 151 cleaner could be tap water for all the good it did.

I purchased this for my back door and frames, my door is white plastic but has moulded grain
    to make it look like a wood pattern and during the bad weather and winter months I get green moss like
    growth on it. Like the green stuff that would grow on rocks around a swamp. I spray the door and all the green ming just runs off without scrubbing then chuck a bucket of water to rinse, job done and no hassle.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to hear it works on something :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business