PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• NJW69
    NJW69 Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just remembered I took 2 litres of fresh milk round to DS1 yesterday. They have just had their first baby and that was all they needed from Tesco so I'm going to add £1.50 back into my pot.

Will change signature now.
    GC Jan £318/£350, Feb £221.84/£300, Mar £200.00/£250 Apr £201.05/£200 May £199.61/£200 June £17.25/£200

NSD Feb 23/12 :j NSD Mar 20/20 NSD Apr 24/20
    May 24/24
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Well NSD for me today - and as I made DH lunch he shouldn't have spent anything either in fact Im going to aim for another 2 NSDs but on thursday I think that I will have to go and get some Aptamil (so expensive.......:() for DS2 but aim to spend nothing until then as I dont need it - fridge, cupboards and freezer are heaving.......so much that Im thinking of trying to limit myself to £80 next week rather than £90
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just back from the shops, only spent £6.39 so I'm very pleased as I stuck to essentials.Just going to change my sig now:j:j
  • BlimusOreilly
    Options
    Popped in to Mr M's to get some bread, milk and milkshake mix but ended up spending £12.23 as they have such good offers at the moment. But going in today should take down Wednesday's weekly shop total!
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• coffeeholic_2
    Options
    I haven't posted on here yet this month :o so I need to update total. So far grocery spends are £41.48 which was our Mr T delivery last wednesday. Fridge and freezer looking pretty ok food-wise but we are running very low on washing up liquid and cleaning products so may need to stock up on Wednesday (my half day at work, everything seems to get done that day!)

Tonight's dinner in the SC is comfort food heaven - sausages, onions, tinned tomatoes and beans. I'm going to peel some potatoes to make mash with and root around to see what veggies I can find to go with it all. It's OH's favourite and fills him up at least
    . :D
    All the coffee in Columbia won't make me a morning person... :D:p
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge Member #5 - £128.19
    NSDs - April 9/18
    Grocery Challenge - April £22.94/£160
    6 months to slim into clothes challenge - started March 2010
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just popped in to update my signature at £668.11 for the year to date. I have decided to exclude alcohol from my GC budget and move the budget and spends so far over to my entertainment budget.

I set the budget based on a small amount of beer/wine for DH (I am preggers) to have in the house but he has not been going out as much as expected due to the baby so has had a bit more in the house which was skewing the budget.

I am decreasing my annual budget to £2864.

I am hoping to have enough Mr M savings stamps, nectar points and Mr T clubcard points and sealed pot contents to cover all our food (and more) needs in December so the budget is not looking too bad if I can achieve this. I do think I spend too much still though and could do better but big bump and bad back are getting in the way of batch cooking and meal planning.

DH keeps offering to do the weekly Mr M shop. I don't know if I should be :) or :eek:. I suppose he will have to do it when the baby arrives so best if he gets some practice in. Will send him with the cash and a list and see if he can resist the special offers.;)

Keep up the good work everyone :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Long_tall_sally
    Long_tall_sally Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today but tomorrow & Wednesday will be the test days as they are the days that I don't work and end up spending the most. At the moment all I can think I need is milk, veg & weetabix but we shall see!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TEsco delivery came to £81 (not inc delivery)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Options
    aliadds wrote: »
    Just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some sort of guide as to how much a week I should allow for 2 adults and 2 dogs. Is £35 realistic or should it be more? I know there are lots of other factors involved but I just thought someone may have some advice!:)

Hi,
    we are feeding 2 adults and 2 dogs and also 1 cat for less than £40 per week. I budget for £40 but over time it works out at a bit less so it seems as if you are similar to us. Our dogs are big eaters too and it seems to work out just right :D

Good luck

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Options
    guccigoo wrote: »
    i went into mr s today and spent £13.15 as i had to get ingrediants for green thai curry that im doing in the slow cooker, it would have been a lot cheaper for me to get the sains own jar sauce than to make it all from scratch. there only £1 each!! still never mind i may do that next time :)

Which recipe are you using and how many mouths are you feeding if you don`t mind me asking :o

I make this quite often but the price of the ingredients has never been as high. If you have some ingredients left over it should bring down the price for next time that you make it.

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family