Village life

Options

Comments

• Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 February 2017 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies everyone. Much appreciated.

We are staying at the in-laws this weekend, which is about an hours drive from home. No NSD yesterday as DD had a magazine and chocolate buttons after school to read and eat in the car on the way to Grans. Bless her as she has had a challenging week in school due to a new girl in her class who is a little bossy and loud who is not letting my child play with her friends. My DD didn't want to go to school and was litrally pulling me away and screaming. I had to pick her up screaming and take into class. I spoke to teacher who hopefully will sort it out. My DD is only 4 and she is quiet and a a little sensitive at times. It's the hardest thing I've had to do as a mum. I know she has to get used to different personalities, she just can't handle loud children.....never has.

Battery is about to die on this tablet, so just quickly......the rugby is on (not into rugby) but my home country Wales is playing England and it's always a big match so will be watching........COME ON WALES.

Check in later with update on how the bank is looking.
  • Kittencat
    Options
    Ok in now on my phone which is charged. My DH is forever telling me off for not charging my tablet and phone.

Ok have £270 left until pay day which is the 23rd. We can do this! My car will need petrol the next few days and can't think of anything big due to go out
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aww hope DD has a better week next week. It is hard for children getting used to different personalities to their own. Hopefully the teacher will keep an eye though as not fair if yours is being scared by the louder kids.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 February 2017 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Aww hope DD has a better week next week. It is hard for children getting used to different personalities to their own. Hopefully the teacher will keep an eye though as not fair if yours is being scared by the louder kids.

Thanks Bob. I'm hoping my DD is just being extra sensitive though. It's hard when she's telling me that this little girl keeps telling her to 'go away' and play with someone else. She does need to toughen up a little but to be honest I don't think it's in her nature. By the way Bob I read your diary the other day (took me 2 days actually) you are an inspiration and I love how busy you are. It's funny how when your busy you really wish for time out but when you can't be busy (ie my situation, living with parents, I want to lead a busy life again.) Does that make sense?

Bit intense here with the laws, father in law is English and Wales are winning at half time. Myself and husband don't normally do rugby but the in laws do. Too intense for me (this will be the only match we will watch) but fingers crossed we may see a Welsh win.
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Hope your DD has a better week next week. My four yr old has really struggled with the transition to school. It's such a tough time for them.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Thanks for reading my rambles :) I feel for you. It must be very hard to go back to being in your parents house again when you are used to being your own person. I can imagine how much you are longing to be home now. So true, I'm always the same. When things are mad I always long for quiet times and then get bored ;)

Hope the rugby household survives :)

• Kittencat
    Options
    Hi Drawing

Here in Wales they start full time school at 3, so this is her second year full time. Nursery is full-time now she's in reception. She has always loved school, has always skipped in. She's a happy little girl so it was a shock to see her screaming and saying she's scared.
  • Kittencat
    Options
    Thanks Bob.

Mmm this is why I don't DO rugby! Wales had it in the bag and lost it at the last hurdle!
  • Kittencat
    Options
    Home from the in laws. They spoilt us with Sunday lunch out today, we payed for drinks. Been a spendy weekend really, went swimming yesterday ( £21!!! for 2 adults and 1 child) then had mcd after then filled DH'S car up (mine will need filling soon also).

It's good to write down what we have spent as it's shocking tbh.

Will be good this week......hoping for a NSD tomorrow.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Was the roast good? I find it one of those meals that you can come away feeling that your own roast is better (& cheaper) in the pub I worked at for a few weeks at the end of last year, the trade on Sunday was phenomenal. The money they must have made! And yet so much cheaper and easier to eat a family roast at home. Anyway forgive my ponderings :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport