The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck, 365, praying for you xx
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Sending beautiful sparkly rainbows to you 365....and positive vibes and thoughts of spring - do you still have your allotment?
    You helped me change my life - and I'm sure you've done the same for many other people here, be strong and positive.

Huge ((((hugs)))) :)

Thankyou to everyone who makes this such a wonderful, inspiring thread - I'm sure there are many other lurkers like myself who find it invaluble, thankyou.....and Shaggy - as always - you are a legend :)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    365- Good Luck today. I hope it all goes well for you. Looking forward to seeing you back on the thread soon.x.
  • afoolwithmoney
    Options
    Goodluck 365
    9/31 for me plz babysitting tonight!
    So wish I liked hot chocolate feels like Im missing out
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Adding my best wishes for today 365, I'll be thinking of you.

Last night was AF, so 5 for me.
    I'm feeling ill again (sore throat, feverish, headache etc) just a virus from the kids but a pain as I feel very lethargic.

Everyone's doing really well this year so far.
    One thing I would say AlexK, if the doctor has said that you shouldn't drink with your medication then really try not to (I know it's hard). At best the drugs won't work, at worse there could be a nasty reaction.
    I mixed alcohol and medicine once and fell mighty peculiar.

HAve a great day
    Trying to keep in budget.

• 40somethingmum
    Options
    3/26 for me Shaggy and many thanks for starting the new thread. xx

Hope you feel better soon gien.

Best of luck for today 365 . Thinking of you xx

Have a good day all.

40SMxx
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Good luck for today 365 - I will be thinking of you - hope to 'see' you back on the forum soon x

Out to Zumba class last night so no real temptation to have a drink - that took me to 4/15 AFD's please Shaggy.

I am another member of the 'hot chocolate club' - it has been my saviour since cutting down :D. For those that are interested in keeping the calories down too, I do find the low-cal ones are fine - I especially like the choc/orange as it reminds me of the real chocolate one that I had at Christmas ;)

Have a good day everyone :)
  • milky1991
    milky1991 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    crazymum wrote: »
    I'm sure there are many other lurkers like myself who find it invaluble, thankyou.....

I have been lurking on this thread initially in my head to cut down on alcohol to save some money, but reading through and looking back at myself I can't remember the last time I didn't have a drink at night.
    I don't drink in the day, I hold down a good job but every night come 7/8pm the wine gets opened and it's a bottle a night.
    I work shifts so when I'm on lates with a midnight finish I still come home and drink a bottle of wine !!

Writing this I have just remembered that the last time I didn't drink was 4 weeks ago as every 4 weeks I do two 3am finishes and don't drink on these nights so in effect I am not drinking two days out of 28 which means I drink 26 of every 28 days (shocking when you look at it that way)

I don't want to stop drinking but need to get it in check before it get's out of hand if it already hasn't

Sorry for the long post .

I am going to start today and see how many AF days I can do till the end of Jan. I'm away in Spain for a couple of days later this month so they will definitely include alcohol but here goes.
    As of 24th August 2016 total money owed was
    £15,708 :eek:
  • Greytcatlady
    Options
    All the best for today 365.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ive been catching up on the last couple of days posts. This thread is a great read!!

365 good luck today, shaggy thank you for keeping this going and gien I hope you feel better soon and to all others :grouphug:

I can declare another 2 AF nights making a grand total so far of 7 AFs :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I have to admit Im shattered with flitful sleep but somehow its getting easier. I left DS2 and DIL to airport for their 8 month charity trip to SA and under 'normal wine induced circumstances' I would have been weepy and spoiling for a row with DD but being AF was bliss and rational. I am learning how good it is to not use wine as a crutch!! :T

Feeling very positive today - thank you all!!
    ** Stay Excellent, Stay AF **
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport