a perfect eBay seller.. not!! thebeautyclubuk

Options
I have to be honest that I got caught out by this outfit back in Feb.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/thebeautyclubuk

Turns out they are in Hong Kong and lying about stock location.

They give false tracking and lie about who's postal service they are using.

when item arrives very late they start the revise feedback for a full refund conversation.

They have had over a 100 negs in the last month for cancelling orders because they screwed up their pricing and they are still trading.

yet another positive eBay buying experience.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,298 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to be honest that I got caught out by this outfit back in Feb.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/thebeautyclubuk

Turns out they are in Hong Kong and lying about stock location.

They give false tracking and lie about who's postal service they are using.

when item arrives very late they start the revise feedback for a full refund conversation.

They have had over a 100 negs in the last month for cancelling orders because they screwed up their pricing and they are still trading.

yet another positive eBay buying experience.

They don't exactly hide how bad they are though. Registered in Australia but showing location as UK, (not a problem in itself) , but the kicker is that they don't have compliant business terms. They don't appear to be compliant with anything at all.
    Incidentally, on the front page they are still showing an Australian business address so at the most cursory of glances this doesn't look like a UK business and therefore not many would buy from I suspect.

Im not sure where a buyer would stand with returns within the UK with the seller so clearly showing an Australian postal address.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    Over the weekend they have had 110+ negatives removed all saying that seller cancelled because they had underpriced. no doubt all those cancelation defects were also removed.

nobody believes in a level playing field for sellers anymore but my eBay glass is getting emptier...
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How the hill would you get 110 Negs removed for a seller error? Are you sure about this?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    yes indeedy.

wish I had a screen shot but there you go, perhaps Soolin can also remember a sea of red if she looked at the feedback.
  • soolin
    Options
    I remember a few negs but I don't recall their percentage being stupidly low, it's still 98.3% which from my very vague memory was what it was.

Still appear to be selling quite well though, so it does show none of us should be overly worried about our feedback!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    When I first posted on the 7th feedback was approx. 2/1 (pos./neg.) over 1 month.
    on the weekend it was approx. 50/50 over 1 month with 110+ negs.
    now they've all gone except for 4.
    I wish I had taken screen shots, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    I don't worry too much about the odd neg / neutral but I do worry about cancelation defects.
    Seems this outfit don't have to though.
  • soolin
    Options
    When I first posted on the 7th feedback was approx. 2/1 (pos./neg.) over 1 month.
    on the weekend it was approx. 50/50 over 1 month with 110+ negs.
    now they've all gone except for 4.
    I wish I had taken screen shots, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    I don't worry too much about the odd neg / neutral but I do worry about cancelation defects.
    Seems this outfit don't have to though.

They are currently showing 98.3% which if they were in the UK and complied with the fast dispatch requirements would make them a Top Rated seller and eligible for discounts assuming their defect percentage was low enough as well.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Pierre_De_Grenoble Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 May 2018 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Of Course I can't prove it but over the weekend their feed back was just over 96%.

They lie about their location (Australia) when a little googling indicates Hong Kong.

They state goods are in London (mine had an invoice stating shipping was from New York)

They give a false tracking number which they claim is for Royal Mail.

rubbish happens and I kicked myself and dealt with it in due course.

They then had a real snafu with their listing software and under priced a lot of stuff @ £37.24. when they realised, they then cancelled most of those sales claiming buyer wanted to cancel and all the removed negatives were from buyers telling this story.

I cursed when I realised my stupidity and just sat it out to it's conclusion but it was not a good buying experience.

To a newbie buyer this would have been an even worse experience and not one that might encourage them to spend on eBay again.

We jump through eBay's hoops, this outfit not only don't they've avoided the consequences. just why is that ??

rant over. it's time for a long one with lots of ice.. :D

I believe that one of the few places you can now see if a seller is top rated is on their feedback page. This outfit doesn't seem to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure