Terrys chocolate orange

Options
I've just bought 3 boxes of Terrys chocolate orange segsations. I noticed that one box was significantly lighter than the other two so I weighed each of them. The weights are 329, 402 nd 419 grams. The box states the weight is 300 grams and I presume that is net of wrapping. It seems to me that the lightest box is short of that mark. Has anybody else experienced this? What can I do? I cannot find any contact details for Terrys or at least none in English. The owner of the company is Carambar. Can anybody help?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 6:43AM
    Options
    I've just bought 3 boxes of Terrys chocolate orange segsations. I noticed that one box was significantly lighter than the other two so I weighed each of them. The weights are 329, 402 nd 419 grams. The box states the weight is 300 grams and I presume that is net of wrapping. It seems to me that the lightest box is short of that mark. Has anybody else experienced this? What can I do? I cannot find any contact details for Terrys or at least none in English. The owner of the company is Carambar. Can anybody help?

A mixed box is 330g on Tesco https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/267325380 but 300g on Cadburys https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=segsations so I suspect they have changed the weights/packaging at some point.

If you need to contact Cadburys, have a look here https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/faq/

HERE TO HELP
    0845 600 3113
    Mon-Fri 9-5pm, Sat 9-12pm
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chocolate shrinkflation is pretty rife - I tend to not buy if I think I'm being ripped off.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I can't see wrappers weighing 102g and 119g so are you also going to complain about the overfilled boxes as well?
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    while it is easy to wander off-topic that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic. If you would like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

The off topic posts have been removed so the thread is back on the original subject.
  • we_get_there
    we_get_there Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2019 at 4:03PM
    Options
    I thought i would treat my self to a terry's chocolate orange and last night I opened it and was surprised how light it was and how small they have become the segments are extremely thinner and have been made small too.:( if they wanted to change it ? They should of change the name too.
    I think a name like Terry's Chocolate Mandarin would be more fitting. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure