SGN doesn't have my MPRN

Hi everyone!

I did try to find threads similar to my situation, but all of them are related to a missing address.

I moved recently (2 weeks ago) into a new flat.
To get my MPAN I've contacted UK Power Networks. I've receiveed an Email with the MPAN which is fine.
For the MPRN, I've called SGN. They have my address in the database - but no MPRN. They just apolgized that they can't help me.

Do you have an idea where I can get my MPRN?
Last time I moved into a new flat, I did just wait until I get a letter from BritishGas or EDF. But this time I didn't receive anything yet (which is unusual I think).

Do you have a tipp for me?

Hannes

Comments

• Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    hannes wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I did try to find threads similar to my situation, but all of them are related to a missing address.

I moved recently (2 weeks ago) into a new flat.
    To get my MPAN I've contacted UK Power Networks. I've receiveed an Email with the MPAN which is fine.
    For the MPRN, I've called SGN. They have my address in the database - but no MPRN. They just apolgized that they can't help me.

Do you have an idea where I can get my MPRN?
    Last time I moved into a new flat, I did just wait until I get a letter from BritishGas or EDF. But this time I didn't receive anything yet (which is unusual I think).

Do you have a tipp for me?

Hannes

You can call the Meter Point Administration Service on 0870 608 1524.

Can I ask why you want it? :huh:
  • You can call the Meter Point Administration Service on 0870 608 1524.

Can I ask why you want it? :huh:

That's the number I called today.
    I need the MPRN to be able to sign up for a new contract at Solarplicity or similar.
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 16 April 2018 at 3:35PM
    hannes wrote: »
    That's the number I called today.
    I need the MPRN to be able to sign up for a new contract at Solarplicity or similar.

I thought you said you called SGN to try and obtain it? :huh:
    Oh well, not to worry.

You won't need it to switch to Solarplicity via the MSE Cheap Energy Club, and you'll earn yourself £12.50 cashback too :money:

If you still want the MPRN, then the existing existing supplier, the one supplying you today, should be able to provide it to you - assuming you are the registered account holder now. :)
  • If you still want the MPRN, then the existing existing supplier, the one supplying you today, should be able to provide it to you - assuming you are the registered account holder now. :)

I moved house recently.
    I do not have any information about the current supplier. And no, I'm not the account holder.
    Meter Point Administration Service (SGN) doesn't have my MPRN. Switch to a new supplier without MPRN is not possible.

Does someone has a tip for me, what should I do in such situation?
    Just wait and use gas&electricity without paying?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure