Employment Agency havent paid

Options

Comments

• trailingspouse
    Options
    No, we don't know your son's circumstances - you haven't told us.

The posters on here are not being malicious, they are simply pointing out that your son's pay is your son's business, and as an adult he should be sorting this out himself. And yes, from a confidentiality point of view, they won't/shouldn't be talking to you anyway.

How do you know (for sure) that he wasn't kicked off the site for smoking indoors? Is he still working there?
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    This forum amuses me.

It's built on the premise of helping others. Then when someone tries to help a relative it's ok to help parents but not help children.

We applaud those in debt who ask for help. We applaud those who highlight good deals, offers and tips.

We take other people's help

But a mum or dad trying to help her son get paid Is shot down? Strange
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • #Georgie
    Options
    1. My son is working in another site so cannot be on the phone all day.
    2. This agency never once mentioned confidentiality so for obvious reasons neither did I.
    3. I know for a fact my son did not get kicked off of the site for smoking (a) because the site manager confirmed it and the (b) HE DOES NOT SMOKE!
    4. God help any of your children that may come to you for help!
    5. I truly regret joining this forum. Apart from the three members that actually seemed to want to help, what a nasty malicious condescending bunch of people you are!!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Not strange at all, the key point being made is that the agency should not be talking to anyone other than the OP's son, so it is him that should be calling them.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    #Georgie wrote: »
    1. My son is working in another site so cannot be on the phone all day.
    2. This agency never once mentioned confidentiality so for obvious reasons neither did I.
    3. I know for a fact my son did not get kicked off of the site for smoking (a) because the site manager confirmed it and the (b) HE DOES NOT SMOKE!
    4. God help any of your children that may come to you for help!
    5. I truly regret joining this forum. Apart from the three members that actually seemed to want to help, what a nasty malicious condescending bunch of people you are!!

No poster has been nasty nor malicious, could you direct me to those who have ?

Your son could write to the agency.

The posters have pointed out your son needs to deal with it and your not getting anywhere since its not your fight to battle.
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Not strange at all, the key point being made is that the agency should not be talking to anyone other than the OP's son, so it is him that should be calling them.

You think an Agency that breaches contract law and commits fraud (from how the story seems) will draw the line at Confidentiality?

I must admit if I was a young worker I wouldn't know how to fight the battle alone against a company that has committed fraud against me to retain my wage and their commission.

I suggest we all re-read the MSE News about Agency workers being given more rights and see how these people are being exploited.
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • CurlySue2017
    Options
    This forum amuses me.

It's built on the premise of helping others. Then when someone tries to help a relative it's ok to help parents but not help children.

We applaud those in debt who ask for help. We applaud those who highlight good deals, offers and tips.

We take other people's help

Agreed.

Some parts of the forum are worse than others, but this employment board is one of the worst that I've come across.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did anybody think that the son might be out working on another site, without any phone signal .... while mum's sitting on her bum watching daytime telly this week.... so it makes sense for mum to do the running around.

Yes he should be doing it - and, as an adult, he might've delegated the task based on importance/availability and a relevant skillset for the task.

Also, as the one not being paid, it can send you to a really dark place if you're just feeling the world's against you ....

So back off.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did anybody think that the son might be out working on another site, without any phone signal .... while mum's sitting on her bum watching daytime telly this week.... so it makes sense for mum to do the running around.

Yes he should be doing it - and, as an adult, he might've delegated the task based on importance/availability and a relevant skillset for the task.

Also, as the one not being paid, it can send you to a really dark place if you're just feeling the world's against you ....

So back off.

:beer:
    Exactly. My wife works on a site where there is no phone signal. For the past couple of weeks, I have had to phone the doctors, hospital and insurance company to sort out the medical tests for her.
    It is easier for me to do it from work, as these places have to be contacted between 9-5.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

So back off.

None of which contradicts that the agency shouldn't be talking to the OP, unless her son has given them permission to do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure