IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lease Car/CMS Ticket Situation

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Question, does he have authority to contact CMS and have the ticket cancelled at this stage? Because if so, I'm sure I can speak to him, give him the PCN number I have from the rejection email (although, its not valid apparently!) and persuade him to contact CMS UK to cancel?
    Yes, but I would not believe a person like that even if they said the Earth was round!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • vimal.hemraj
    Options
    Update on this if anyone can help:

A Parking Charge Notice did go to my company who have forwarded onto me, I have told them I will deal with it and not to pay it.

I emailed IPayMyPCN detailing the above, that I have a valid ticket and the PCN is clearly a mistake on their side, I wasn't expecting a response but 3 weeks later received this from 'ZZPS':

Good Morning,
    Thank you for your recent email.
    Please confirm, before we discuss this matter that you were the driver and your full name and address.

Anyone with advice on next steps?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2018 at 5:23PM
    Options
    What is zzps's role in this?

Don't reveal who was driving
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    What is zzps's role in this?

Don't reveal who was driving

None.

The scammers already know the identity of the driver.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 June 2018 at 10:30AM
    Options
    Update on this if anyone can help:

A Parking Charge Notice did go to my company who have forwarded onto me, I have told them I will deal with it and not to pay it.

I emailed IPayMyPCN detailing the above, that I have a valid ticket and the PCN is clearly a mistake on their side, I wasn't expecting a response but 3 weeks later received this from 'ZZPS':

Good Morning,
    Thank you for your recent email.
    Please confirm, before we discuss this matter that you were the driver and your full name and address.

Anyone with advice on next steps?

Ignore debt collectors.

Only deal with the scammers.

Did you tell your employer in writing not to deal with this?

Complain to the DVLA that the scammers are trying to transfer liability back to the lease company when they are fully aware of the driver's identity, and that an appeal has been lodged with them.
    Attach the copy of the reply from CMS appeals dept that clearly shows them replying to The Driver.

Send a statement to the lease company that since liability has been transferred to the driver, they, the lease company, are not now liable for this charge and MUST NOT pay it. Include a copy of your complaint to the DVLA, and also quote the relevant part of The POFA about liability now being transferred to The Driver, pointing out that it CANNOT now be transferred back to the lease company.

Send a copy of your DVLA complaint to your employer attaching a copy of the letter to the lease company telling them not to pay the PCN.
    Send a copy of your DVLA complaint to the scammers.

This is all to indemnify your self in case the lease company or your employer are stupid enough to at the scam charge. You tell them not to do it, and explain in very strict terms why they are not liable to do it.

Send SARs to the scammers and the DVLA as per the SAR thread entitled "June 2018 ..."

Complain to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP about this unregulated scam.
    Make sure each party is aware that the correct process (POFA) is not being followed.

As a side note, the PCN wasn't issued for non payment, but for parking a vehicle where it shouldn't be parked. In other words the parking and paying for two days is irrelevant and not the reason why the PCN was issued.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • vimal.hemraj
    Options
    Another email asking me to confirm if I was driver and full address.
    Why do they need this and are ignoring everything else in my letter but just asking for this?
    What is the consequence of them having these details?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving!!

They are ignoring your letter because they just want the money

They aren't interested in anything else!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Another email asking me to confirm if I was driver and full address.
    Why do they need this and are ignoring everything else in my letter but just asking for this?
    What is the consequence of them having these details?

If you fall for that you've not read the forum at all! Of course you MUST NOT say who was driving!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • vimal.hemraj
    Options
    Response from them. Clearly this is a lie

Good morning

"This is due to Data Protection.

Until the requested details have been confirmed, we will not respond to any further correspondence from yourself.

Kind regards
    Craig"
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Response from them. Clearly this is a lie

Good morning

"This is due to Data Protection.

Until the requested details have been confirmed, we will not respond to any further correspondence from yourself.

Kind regards
    Craig"

Ordinarily I'd say complain to the ATA, but as this is an IPC Operator you'll get no sense from them.

So, complain to the DVLA that CMS is giving you false information in order to extort money from you, clearly using any mistruth to do so.

ccrt@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport