PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 9:15AM
    Options
    My day at home. Went downstairs in the night to get a drink and stood on something in the hallway. Barefoot. This despite the fact I got two pairs of slippers for Christmas. Didn't look but made a mental note that something was out of place.

DD up and gone off to Leicester and I went for a coffee. IT WAS A DEADED MOUSE! So why hadn.t DD noticed it and shifted it or alerted me?

I think Piggers was the instigator of Benny Hill because it was a *thing* when I joined Flylady. Some if us have been here a l-o-n-g time...

Anyway in bed atm with my kindle. I shall be calling at least one HHC later...keep your eye on t'thread!

Dreamt about my sister last night. She came to see us. Was lovely to 'see' her.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm at home all morning today so hoping to get some stuff done. Off to a good start so far.

Christmas decorations all down and put away properly
    WM on
    DW on
    Kitchen table and counters cleared
    Pellet stove cleaned and reloaded
    Receipt found for item to be returned

Just having a quick cuppa then want to clear the table (desk) in the living room so I can then use it to go through the admin and paperwork mountain.

See you later for HHC
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Table in living room cleared and there is nothing in my living room that shouldn't be there. Everything that was dumped on the stairs has been taken upstairs and put away!

Not sure wether to start paperwork mountain or clean living room next

Time for well earned coffee!
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

I literally skipped out of the school gates this morning! At last! I love my boys, but after two weeks, I was ready for them to go back to school. Soooo much to do that I cant get done when they are here...

One pooch returned to its owner already. WM and TD both trundling and dogs (and cat) fed and watered.

I see it is the lounge today, which is great as it needs doing. I did fling the Hoover round yesterday, but otherwise its grim in there.

So, cup of tea in hand, I shall make a start.

Valli - lovely mid-night discovery for you :eek: I had a "deconstructed" mouse on the back doorstep yesterday which was nice.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Morning all,
    Washing sorted and in airing cupboard, 2 sons decluttered to various places, groceries bought and packed away (oops grapes munched, not many left for the fruit bowl:rotfl:)

Ooh ATB booots used to do a wonderful calamine and glycerin cream that helped my youngest DS when he was absolutely pickled, that or camomile baths (just shove some camomile tea bags in the running bath water) my eldest DS swears it helps soothe his eczema n sore skin.. Hope your DS is on the mend real quick..

About to tackle the hoovering, yet need to visit my Moomin to see what she needs doing!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Valli
    Options
    hhc @ 10:30 anyone?
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Go on then Valli, was going to sit down as have just dusted and hoovered living room and hoovered kitchen. Wasn't going to wash or steam floor but will rise to the challenge and do it. Coffee in half an hour then!
  • Valli
    Options
    Merci bien Mam'zelle!

Dusting dans la salon. Mais je n'ai pas fini!

(I hope that says 'but I haven't finished') Going to nettoyer la fenetre toute suite!

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    J'ai fini!

Well i'm done for today. Living room and kitchen floors all steamed and not looking too bad at all if I say so myself. Not done the windows but need to remember to bring window vac back from holiday house to do them. Downstairs actually looking presentable. 2nd load in WM and 1st in TD. Rubbish and recycling all taken out.

Going to work in an hour so going to tidy away steamer once it cools down and have some lunch and think about something for dinner.

Back from work just before 7pm so won't get much done but hope to at least fold and put away the stuff that is in MW/TD, luckily bedding and ski clothes so no ironing
  • Valli
    Options
    this is turning into a spring clean. Not procrastinating because I've got a paperwork mountain to climb honest guv *blush*

just having a break for a :coffee: and an orange because I have a mountain of fruit because I was Slimmer of the Week *faint*

We have blue skies and sunshine - I love to clean when it's like this!

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family