Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    TWe won tonight! So it was worth the picky food I had at the funeral and the wine syns watching the game in the pub! Line drawn and back on plan tomorrow.:D

Well I never knew you were a Southampton fan maman!

Son is happy as well - as he's joining SW Police he had no desire to see Cardiff and Swansea in the same division - I remember the police convoys going down the M4 on match day previously lol.

Hubby has had meetings this morning so I played hooky and went swimming after dropping the dog off so I'm feeling very virtuous at the moment...came back and had my porridge so feeling very stuffed as well.

Will have a chilli pasta bake that's been defrosting and I expect I'll have an early night as I was awake at 4 .....
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I never knew you were a Southampton fan maman!

Son is happy as well - as he's joining SW Police he had no desire to see Cardiff and Swansea in the same division - I remember the police convoys going down the M4 on match day previously lol.

And a very happy one this morning too!:j

I can see the point about the security but given a choice I'd like the Swans to stay up as I was born there so have mixed feelings.:(

So, line drawn on all yesterday's syns and back on it today. I managed to fit in a food shop yesterday too so am going to do some cooking. I've got YS swedes to make up with carrot mash and red cabbage to braise. I find both very useful sides to have in the freezer for when fresh Speed is running low.

I called into Morrisons when I was away at the weekend and bought a couple of tins of low fat corned beef so we're having hash today. It's expensive but low syn. I don't know anywhere else that sells it.:(

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB toast, fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, HEA milk for drinks
    L: veg & lentil soup, JP with cottage cheese
    D: corned beef hash, cauli and cabbage
    Syns: 1.5 for corned beef, 1? for horseradish
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,833 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 May 2018 at 12:30PM
    Options
    We won tonight!

Yay! does that mean you're safe from relegation now ?

I still have a soft spot for the Saints as Dad used to take us to see them around once each season as a special treat when I was growing up - our main (and nearest) team was Reading, who we went to most weeks, but they were only in the old third division, whereas Southampton were in the first so you got to see all the good players - can remember them seeing them beat Leeds in around 1970, with Ron Davies and Mick Channon both scoring

<edit> got sidetracked reminiscing about football there

Plan for today:
    B: melon
    L: ham or chicken slald (cucumber, red pepper, mushrooms, boiled egg)
    D: courgetti bolognese

Snacks: muller light, Alpen light bars (HEXB), cheese (HEXA), easy peelers
    Syns: none planned. Went a bit off track yesterday as decided to use up a non-SW Iceland chicken korma from the freezer - am counting it as 16.5 syns but haven't used many this week so can take it. It was 452 calaroies and as I just had cauli rice with it I don't think that will be too bad.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Can I add myself? :)

+1 last night, but it's bank holiday :P We're all allowed a treat.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello regulars and new people.

I am here. I've had a couple of weeks trying something different and I know that the SW way is for me. I need the healthy mix of rigidity (in counting syns) and flexibility (i.e not calorie or carb counting 24/7!) however group is definitely NOT for me...currently (and obviously hasn't been for a while!)

On that note; fresh slate today.
    Breakfast: overnight oats - heb oats with a strawberry muller light and frozen raspberries/strawberries. coffee with splash of semi skimmed (from hea)
    lunch: ainsley harriott cous cous - roasted veg flavour. I had just under half the pack so about 2 syns I think(?) with red pepper, carrot, cucumber and tinned salmon. 1 original babybel (half hea)
    mid afternoon: 1 small easy peeler, 1 small apple
    tea: plan is steak with half a jacket potato and salad/veg (spinach, hard boiled egg, cucumber, red pepper, carrot, mushroom, sweetcorn)
    evening: doughnut 12.5syn

drinks: water
    heb: oats
    hea: 1 babybel original and 125 ml semi skimmed milk

as I'm no longer with a group can anyone help with syns for nespresso coffee? I'm presuming the pain coffee capsules are free (as they are espressos/Americanos with fresh milk added to taste) but not sure on the flavoured ones? vanilla, caramel and chocolate (I can get the brand names if anyone can search the app for me?)

aside from the whole food diary thing:
    Finally saw someone at the hospital about my sinuses! So I've started a new 8 week treatment plan then will have to go back to see what happens then :)
    still a member at the gym but not getting to do a home dvd much...plus not that fussed for a dvd atm. I'm thinking of swapping my Monday gym session for swimming lengths...or maybe alternate between gym and swim :)

hopefully I don't seem too needy on here but on occasion I may ask for syns help :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    <<<<<<< feeling sorry for myself :(
    Did a lot of walking yesterday on trip out and been really feeling it today :(
    Did 17,850 steps by the end of the day which has aggravated my sciatica. We went to The Avengers Headquarters :j (if anyone knows where it was filmed, you’ll know where I mean :D) didn’t see Ironman, Captain America or Spider-Man :( right Disappointed :p
    We walked back to school, I was practically dragging my afternoon charge as she was whinging all the way back.
    So does anyone want my legs and back? Feel free :o
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Lush welcome back x
    Tie - it will do you good xx
    I live with a football fanatic - so I just ignore all football things - sorry ladies x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hopefully I don't seem too needy on here but on occasion I may ask for syns help :)

Not at all lush. It's great to see you posting.:)

This seems really crazy but I put Nespresso and Nespresso pods into the search and they're not there! That's ridiculous! Maybe someone will have better luck than me.

There is a facility to report things that are missing but I did that with some noodles that disappeared weeks ago and nothing's happened. :(

Ainsley Harriott is meant to be 1.5 syns for both 100g or 125g!!

Don't you juts love the SW website!!:mad:

I thought you'd put your problems behind you tie. Now a bad back! Roll on half term!:)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you Lush :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not at all lush. It's great to see you posting.:)

This seems really crazy but I put Nespresso and Nespresso pods into the search and they're not there! That's ridiculous! Maybe someone will have better luck than me.

There is a facility to report things that are missing but I did that with some noodles that disappeared weeks ago and nothing's happened. :(

Ainsley Harriott is meant to be 1.5 syns for both 100g or 125g!!

Don't you juts love the SW website!!:mad:

I thought you'd put your problems behind you tie. Now a bad back! Roll on half term!:)

I don't mind over estimating as long as i'm not massively underestimating!

I googled a bit this afternoon and general consensus on various blogs and forums is that the flavoured ones are free :S i've got sugar free hot choc for little one and people seem to say that's free too but I will always call it 1 syn for the coffees and 2syns for hot choc. its 125ml milk in teh milk frother for either so that's within my hea :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family