PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Conveyancing

Options
I`ve also found a great site for conveyancing, for buyers, sellers or re-mortgagers. In the true spirit of MSE !

Checkout - Really cheap !!!

Gazman

** Boardguide note: Link removed **
Waddle you do eh?

Comments

• Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    This sounds like an advert.
    @gazman have you ever used this firm or did you fail to think of a suitable way of dropping it into a post ?
    J_B.
  • gazman_2
    gazman_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Joe, I am actually using this firm. They seem very professional and I thought they deserved a mention as the prices I was quoted by 2 other local solicitors was far in excess of what they wanted. This Solicitor game is a rip off (the site talks about posh offices and expensive cars that the other solicitors have). They are only doing the same thing that the competition are doing and have done to BT and prostituting the market. Good luck to cheap cheap conveyancing I say.....
    Waddle you do eh?
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The remortgage price quoted is indeed very good value. I wish this had been around (or I'd found about it) when I posted a few months back asking for cheap legal services. :(
  • fozzmann
    Options
    I HAVE READ YOUR POSTINGS WITH INTEREST.

I DONT CARE IF GAZMAN IS TRYING TO PROMOTE THE SITE!!!!

I USED IN FEB OF THIS YEAR.

THEY WERE BRILLIANT-I ACTUALLY SAVED £295 ON MY LEGAL COSTS USING THEM.

THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WOULD AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAY STUFF ALL SOLICITORS!!!!!!!!!!

FOR TOO MANY YEARS THEY HAVE GOT AEWAY WITH CHARGING FAR TOO MUCH.

THESE PEOPLE ARE SOLICITORS BUT WORK ON VOLUME TO DRIVE THE PRICE DOWN.

THEY DONT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED CUT ANY CORNERS BUT ACTUALLY DELIVER WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL.

SAY NO TO STUFFY,BIGOTED LAW FIRMS-SAY NO TO THEIR FANCY CARS AND MORE FANCY OFFICES.

IT SHOULD BE ABOUT SERVICE SERVICE AND SERVICE AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I GOT FROM THEM.

I SAY USE

DOWN WITH RIP OFF LAW FIRMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** Boardguide note: Link removed **
  • jazzyjustlaw
    jazzyjustlaw Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    Options
    fozzmann wrote:
    I HAVE READ YOUR POSTINGS WITH INTEREST.

I DONT CARE IF GAZMAN IS TRYING TO PROMOTE THE SITE!!!!

I USED IN FEB OF THIS YEAR.

THEY WERE BRILLIANT-I ACTUALLY SAVED £295 ON MY LEGAL COSTS USING THEM.

THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WOULD AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAY STUFF ALL SOLICITORS!!!!!!!!!!

FOR TOO MANY YEARS THEY HAVE GOT AEWAY WITH CHARGING FAR TOO MUCH.

THESE PEOPLE ARE SOLICITORS BUT WORK ON VOLUME TO DRIVE THE PRICE DOWN.

THEY DONT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED CUT ANY CORNERS BUT ACTUALLY DELIVER WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL.

SAY NO TO STUFFY,BIGOTED LAW FIRMS-SAY NO TO THEIR FANCY CARS AND MORE FANCY OFFICES.

IT SHOULD BE ABOUT SERVICE SERVICE AND SERVICE AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I GOT FROM THEM.

I SAY USE

DOWN WITH RIP OFF LAW FIRMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work in a Solicitors and no one has really fancy cars or offices. It takes years to be a Solicitor and most deserve the money. Some Solicitors give others a bad name.

**Boardguide note: Link removed **
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Two newbies called GAZMAN and FOZZMAN promoting the same service?
  • fozzmann
    Options
    If You Work In A Solicitors How Much Do You Charge For Conveyancing!!!!!

Be Truthful And How Do Your Prices Compare.

Interesting To See If There Is A Reply
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gazman & Fozzmann:

Why not try out https://www.cheapconveyancing.com - they are half the price of the company you recommend!
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    My solicitor had only a receptionist as staff and dealt just with conveyancing. He was familiar with the local area and could handle exerything by email, phone or fax at the press of a button. The prices then, undercut, the online agencies. The bonus was that I could also be advised face to face with the surveyors report and mortgage contract details.
    When buying a property you have to hand over your deposit, stamp duty, disbursements and fees in advance. Better to look your solicitor in the eye when you do this. You can also take down the registration plate of their car.

Why allocate conveyancing duties to a randomly chosen solicitor you will never meet who is hundred of miles away from where you live or want to live. Solicitors tend to perform better when you can wait in their reception in response to problems.

J_B.
  • fozzmann
    Options
    could you please confirm the price you were charged.

please advise on the actual price and the disbursements and when was this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport