EliteGroup

Options
Hi Guys,

I need some advise.

I am a small company and have been scammed by elitegroup.

I took out a phone contract with them and I used to pay them £11 per month. However, they suddenly decided to increase their charges and my bill went up to £38 per month. I did not realise until 2 months had passed.

Anyway they claim, they sent a letter to my office address to inform me of these charges. However i told them many times I did not receive it as I moved offices and yes I did inform them of my new address. (I have email proof).

Now they are refusing to refund me the over charges.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 April 2019 at 12:59PM
    Options
    since when has a price rise been a scam?
    talk about use of inflammatory language just because you have to pay more

why not ask your solicitor since this is B2B and you would therefore have taken legal advice before signing the contract?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm guessing you were on a 12 month contract, and these are the new charges? Have you checked, is this their equivalent of a Standard Variable Rate which you can get out of fairly promptly, or is it a new contract? If it's a new contract, how long is it for and - VITAL POINT TO NOTE! - when do you have to give notice to end it?

If you want to try and get these charges reduced, make a formal complaint, details on their website. If you have not already done so, ask for a copy of the letter setting out the price increase, to show (if possible) that you could not have been expected to see it, because THEY sent it to the wrong address.

And be politely persistent in asking for the price to be reduced, pointing out that you'd hoped to be a long-term client of theirs, but that there are better deals out there (do some research to know what they are!)

But I agree with 00, increased prices are not a scam. This is a B2B relationship, and you're expected to read contracts and understand their implications before you sign them. And you do need to keep a better handle on your finances!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport