Santander 123 "Active Direct Debits"

Options

Comments

• OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    uk1 wrote: »
    Thanks, that is exactly what we plan to do ....

Jeff

Yes you can do this. I am a Select customer through my wife and they advised me that my friend could. They broached the subject without me asking them.
    Paying the money internally stops the risk of one bank making a mistake or computer crashing and doing the transfer on the first of the month allows you to correct any problems within the month if something did go wrong.
    If you can become a Select customer then it is worth it as they appear to have employed staff who try and help you. 10 years ago discussing issues with Steve from downtown New Delhi was never fruitful.
  • Gandalf133
    Options
    Apart from tesco where does the 42k at 3% come from thought I'd already exhausted them all
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gandalf133 wrote: »
    Apart from tesco where does the 42k at 3% come from thought I'd already exhausted them all
    How many Bank of Scotland Vantage accounts do you have?
  • Leodogger
    Leodogger Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just found this thread after realising that the interest on my 123 Current Account had ceased 12 months ago ! After trying to find out why I realised that I had deleted very old DD's out of my 123 account which were dormant 12 months ago and didn't realise that this contributed to the conditions of the interest payable on the account.

My mistake has cost me £300 !! Though I have to say that they were all dormant DD's but obviously must have still registered as active on my account.

How can I rectify this by setting up DD's when there is nothing I am paying by DD at the moment ??
  • IanSt
    IanSt Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    JWhite wrote: »
    How can I rectify this by setting up DD's when there is nothing I am paying by DD at the moment ??

There is a thread on this site on possible means to generate monthly DDs. You're lucky in that yours only need to pay out on a yearly basis, so are you sure there's nothing available you could use. E.g. for santander we've setup our TV licence and car road tax to pay by direct debit.

The thread is here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5734632
  • Leodogger
    Options
    IanSt wrote: »
    There is a thread on this site on possible means to generate monthly DDs. You're lucky in that yours only need to pay out on a yearly basis, so are you sure there's nothing available you could use. E.g. for santander we've setup our TV licence and car road tax to pay by direct debit.

The thread is here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5734632

When I checked I had left a BT direct debit set up although not active and I have set up a DD for Paypal so hopefully these may reinstate our interest payments :)
  • Leodogger
    Options
    By the way as I had deleted the DD's out of my account and lost my interest for 12 months, now I have set up 2 new DD's on my account do I have to complete a new application to receive my interest or do they re-instate it automatically as I do still have a 123 current account?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JWhite wrote: »
    By the way as I had deleted the DD's out of my account and lost my interest for 12 months, now I have set up 2 new DD's on my account do I have to complete a new application to receive my interest or do they re-instate it automatically as I do still have a 123 current account?

If you comply with ALL the T&C requirements you get the rate the following month automatically.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been bitten by the 'active' DD scenario ...

Swapped ISP from Plusnet to JLewis

Plusnet took the DD in early Feb
    Account closed in mid Feb and refund credited
    Unbeknown to me, Plusnet then cancelled the DD on 20th but as our cashback date was 25th, they wouldn't pay me.
    :mad:

I am trying to plead to their better judgement, but not making much progress at the moment. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure