Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks beanie - its starting well, for sure. I actually posted the "hello" card, only 5 days late or so :o plus I sent the requested photographs off to the writer :j Calling a halt now, for a nice long break :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have written some notes for a commitee I am on & oooops here I am back on here :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: omigod, I remember when I was on the committee of the local counselling organisation, and I hated it **so** much! Best of luck, beanie, I'm sorry but you're going to need it :eek:

:kisses3:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: omigod, I remember when I was on the committee of the local counselling organisation, and I hated it **so** much! Best of luck, beanie, I'm sorry but you're going to need it :eek:

:kisses3:

I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I can't say I miss my minute-writing duties from previous committee roles ;)

KC, if it helps, my to-do list today includes 'text so-and-so' and 'email the same so-and-so' as separate items... whatever helps to get it done, I say!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

Your new house sounds great - and I do love the sharpness of your delivery people round there, very impressive to be so accurate with the timing :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I would have been more impressed if they'd delivered it to our actual HOUSE rather than dropping it off at the local post office, which is two miles away :mad: There was no snow left on the road either so I can't see any reason other than they wouldn't have made their silly delivery window if they'd come all the way out to the house!

Ooh, passport sounds exciting, as does Norway! :j :j :j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    KC, if it helps, my to-do list today includes 'text so-and-so' and 'email the same so-and-so' as separate items... whatever helps to get it done, I say!
    Yes it does, thank you! Sometimes I get to the stage quoted by the most recent Letter Writer to Captain Awkward, "I’m now an awkwardness alien who can’t effing Person anymore". Possibly I have more of the need for perfection thing going on than I realised ...

So, the list was:
    - open post.
    Yes

- phone call needed to arrange routine checkup.
    Yes

- second phone call needed to arrange second routine checkup.
    Not yet

- blog about the cold weather and precautions.
    Started

- finish sorting patchwork stash.
    Not yet

- 1 card and two emails need sending,
    Card sent.
    No email yet.
    No email yet (see what I did there :D)

- cut my hair
    Yes :j its ragged, but I'm not going to a hairdresser till flu season ends.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    So, to add to the to-do list:
    - phone builder from last Nov/Dec to get them to replace the latch on the side gate that leads to the garden. At the moment, I'm having to store an old kitchen knife at the front of the house, because a linkage of some sort inside the latch has broken :( I nearly got trapped when I used the back door to go to the front of the house ....

- lots more tidying/scanning/sorting, partly to make space for a supermarket delivery today, partly because my sister's coming round tomorrow and its a good chance to get rid of some stuff of hers that I needed to scan first :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good to see you've opened your post, KC:beer:.

I'm a major procrastinator in lots of areas of my life:o but opening my post isn't one of them:j. I can happily ignore a ringing phone or delay opening emails but just can't ignore my post. I have to open envelopes as soon as I get them each day, even though I can tell from the outside of some of the envelopes that they might contain something less than pleasant, such as bills.

I phoned my SIL yesterday and she was in the midst of going through the masses of photographs that my brother had gathered together. All our family photos from childhood days went to him and he put them on disc years ago. He sent me some discs but I'm not sure I have any equipment where I can view them nowadays. My laptop doesn't have a disc-drive:(.. I assume I can buy one to plug in.

She said she was planning to hand the actual photo stash over to me but to be honest I don't really want them:o. I'm not a photo person, I have so few that I ever took, and have no idea what I'll do with them if I get them. Probably better for me just to have a look at them and then pass them on to my brother's children and grandchildren as I have no children of my own.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I'm glad your SiL is keeping in touch a bit, CBC. The whole photos thing is an issue at our age, isn't it, when you don't have children. Well, lots of things, actually.

I have wanted some things, and a few photos, but I don't want lots of physical photos, I really don't - I have a tin of my own, almost a cubic foot, stashed with my own, and thats almost it. I'll keep the very old ones (a couple of dozen from 100 years ago or so, from *all* branches of the family) and put them in one of the genealogical folders I got from my mum's stash. Then the next generation can sort it out when I turn up my toes :D

Not opening the post ... sigh ... it started off with Tim Ferriss, The Four Hour Working Week, when he recommended just opening your post twice a week, simply for the sake of efficiency. Then when I got really ill, that slipped to once a week, especially as I realised how long infections can linger on postal material :( and I've never pulled it back. But really, unless I recognise an envelope to be personal, I'll keep it to once a week, I'm content with that. Monday afternoons. Healthy walk with the council group is in the morning, do the post in the afternoon to set me up for the week. There we go :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure