PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for the thread.

I have a few challenges in October, and I am not sure how they will impact on the budget. I already have planned a mr s delivery for essentials that is coming in at £135 which is scary. The trouble with running stocks down last month means a lot of things are needed this month.

Mrs M please put me down for £450 for October.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • sparkleisshopping
    Options
    Hi, could you put me down for £230 for October please?

I came in well under my £250 September budget (only spent £155.04) so I'm going to reduce it by £20 this month. My payday isn't the 1st of the month, it's the 20th so I've already spent a bit from October's budget:

£9.08 in Mozzas - 20 September
    £19.99 in Boots - 20 September
    £61.73 in Mozzas - 25 September
    Which totals £92.80 so I have £137.20 left from my £230 which I think is achievable.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My spend this month so far has been £17.29.

This was for:

Biscuits and cheese
    Margarine
    Pizza for dinner
    Cat treats
    Cat food

Nothing bought since then although I know I will need milk/bread soon enough. Bah!
  • Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    wssla00 wrote: »
    Hippeechiq- if you fancy using word- you can download open office for free. It's pretty much the same as word and saves and opens word documents too. I really like it and it gives me apps like excel, power point etc. It's pretty good!

Thank you so much for that wssla00 :) Have pm'd you
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • Craftyscholar
    Options
    Another newbie
    I had been trying to keep a note of monthly spends but hadn't looked at the results.
    I was surprised how much the months varied, but last year I averaged £90 a month and this year so far have averaged £100. I'm fairly sure I am eating the same things so the prices must be creeping up.

I need to spend less - and find a way of being positive about it :)

Anyway please put me down for £90 for October

(I can do this)
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Options
    Did a monthly online shop at sainsburys as they sent spend and save vouchers so with Sainsburys, Netto, butchers and farmfoods for milk and bread today have spent £ 161.67 so far. Hopefully just top ups of fresh stuff and a chicken at some point as no room in the freezer!!
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to join, please put me down for £50 thanks!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • chrisfreelander54
    Options
    Hello Everyone, Total first timer at Grocery Challenges, been buying more shopping and cooking our own food from scratch lately, instead ov takeaways.
    So gonna start with a budet of £300 pounds for the month of October, starting on the 1st, please.

Regards
    CF54.
    YNAB is my new best friend. :)
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Please can you put me down for £50.00 for October?

Reducing it slightly this month as I really must make an effort with my freezer/cupboard contents. I will need some frozen veg and the usual milk, fruit etc. but apart from that, I have a lot of stuff already.

I start my new job on Monday :D (unless the administrators where I currently work mess us around) so will need to see what facilities are there for lunch as may have to resort to sandwiches. I will miss the kitchen where I am as we have everything (including a proper fitted cooker!) so we can take in pretty much anything we want for lunch.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • JulieGeorgiana
    JulieGeorgiana Posts: 2,475 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 September 2010 at 9:05PM
    Options
    £260 this month please!!!

More then last month, but my budget varies drastically depending on the month!!!

I've already spend £73 of it.... and by the end of the week I will have spend over £200!!!! I am trying out a new thing this month... it's called not shopping during the month for anything but fruit!

We'll see if I stick to budget!!!!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family