PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• laloopi
    laloopi Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not going to declare for September until Thursday pm but please put me down for £260 for October. This is the same as last month but a big stretch as we'll have an extra £40 worth of organic box deliveries thanks to the extra Friday.

Good luck everyone!
    Must get organised and rejoin grocery challenge!
  • Outdoorlass
    Outdoorlass Posts: 315 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2010 at 9:48AM
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, I have been desperately waiting for this day and thread (tis OH payday today) I can't begin to tell you how bad I did last month, my spend was just way off the scale, I actually went and spent money in Asda 25 times:( mix of groceries, clothing and dvd's. I don't really know how much of it was groceries, so I have been towed in line by OH and quite rightly so as we don't have the money for this wreckless spending so I have to be super super good this month!

We are a family of four with some dietary issues (that doesn't help with the grocery budget) OH is on a low fat diet as well as not being able to eat anything with Glucose Fructose in and also he cannot eat any cured meats, pastries or anything with too much sugar in and can only eat brown pasta, rice, bread etc, as he has a liver condition called NASH. My DD2 can't eat spicy foods, or anything with onions in as she is intolerant to them. My DD1 is just fussy, so as you can see I do have a bit of a battle on my hands. OH also cycles 20 miles a day, so does need to take in a lot of calories. I think I would be foolish to set too low a budget this month, as I haven't done GC for a while and don't want to fail, so I would like you to put me down for £350.00 MAX and hopefully I can achieve this and get it down next month.

So thanks for reading and having me and if anyone can help me out with recipes for OH that would be splendid!
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • patentgirl
    Options
    Hi everyone Lovely new thread!

Can I please put me down for £200 for October MrsM?

Missed last couple of months but will christmas coming need to be really careul this month got quite a full storecupboard

good luck everyone will try and post regularly to keep me going!
    Frugal challenge 2024

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    outdoorlass that cant be easy to cater for with all those dietary requirements
    be gentle with yourself regarding your budget
  • Cat72
    Cat72 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I would like to join in as a total newbie. Really need to tighten my budget ,plus I hate waste.
    Can you put me down for.. eek £180 will start from today.
    As I am wanting to stock up for some christmas stores too for the cold weather.
    Hopefully I can make it , will try my best.
    thanks x
  • LannyLee
    Options
    Cat72 wrote: »
    Hi
    I would like to join in as a total newbie. Really need to tighten my budget ,plus I hate waste.
    Can you put me down for.. eek £180 will start from today.
    As I am wanting to stock up for some christmas stores too for the cold weather.
    Hopefully I can make it , will try my best.
    thanks x

I would definitely recommend Appr0ved fo0d, just ordered my first lot only £35 incl delivery & got so much stuff, lots if it dried & jars of sauce that will keep for ages, very useful for stocking up the pantry.
  • Can I be put down for £230 for October please.

This is the first month that I'm separating out entertainment from the GC (takeaways and alcohol always my downfall!). I'm having a separate entertainment budget of £60 for October and when that's gone it's gone. Put. the. wine. glass. down. Lol!

I'm also going to bring my lunch to work every single day. I normally only manage 2-3 days a week because I just can't be bothered to prepare something the night before, but this laziness must stop!

Good luck all :)
    Mortgage£148,725 Student loan£13,050 HSBC loan£12,221
    AprGC:£/£320
  • savingcaz
    Options
    I'm terrible, well did terrible last month well over £400 from my original budget of £250!!!

I'm hoping to do £200 this month!
    was Proud to be dealing with debt! LBM 12.09.09 [STRIKE]£23,157.76,[/STRIKE] 28/03/11 £12.827.07:eek: Not quite sure on debts now as kind of gone by the wayside but back on form now! Will edit as i figure them out
    Hsbs CC £5313.73 Overdrafts (3) £3173.84, Marks and spencer CC £0 :) AA CC £3400.18
  • Outdoorlass
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    outdoorlass that cant be easy to cater for with all those dietary requirements
    be gentle with yourself regarding your budget

Thank you, I sometimes get really overwhelmed with it all tbh, its soo difficult to cater for everyones requirements, almost impossible for us to all have the same meal. Hey ho, will get there in the end, will have to do some researching.
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • huxley
    huxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone thankfully I will not be spending anything from the grocery budget today:D no I'm not being extremly good just skint:rotfl:. Anyway have any of you lovely people got an easy receipe for pumpkin soup? I have a large pumpkin and six people to feed tonight:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure