T-Shirt Transfer Paper.

Options
Okay, with this, I think I need advice, and not so much an answer to a problem. Back in December 1999, I created some t-shirts, for a millenium party. I printed the images on to transfer paper, and then ironed on to the t-shirts. Although the white material of the t-shirt has gone a little yellow, and the colours faded a bit, the transfer is as clear, as when I did it. The grain of the material, is visible through the colour, as though it had been screen printed. I can't remember where I got it from, or what make, the transfer paper was, but I want to do some more t-shirts, and would like the same effect. All the ones I have seen people wearing, seem to look like some sort of vinyl type transfer. I just wondered, if anyone has printed any t-shirts recently, and could recommend some good transfer paper. I would be using an inject printer. Thanks.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    A quick search found many options.
    To be fair, the OP did ask:
    Robm1955 wrote: »
    I just wondered, if anyone has printed any t-shirts recently, and could recommend some good transfer paper.
    Not "Can anyone use Google?"

OP: Perhaps try asking at a local art supplies or stationery shop.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    To be fair, the OP did ask:

Not "Can anyone use Google?"

Indeed, and I did consider that, but they also said

Robm1955 wrote: »
    I can't remember where I got it from, or what make, the transfer paper was, but I want to do some more t-shirts, and would like the same effect.

So I have suggested one option for finding such paper. If you don't like my reply you're perfectly free to ignore it, and if you feel it necessary, put me on your ignore list so that you never need to be troubled again by what I write.
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think all of the ones you can buy for a home inkjet printer will have the effect you're after. The shiny ones you're seeing are probably professionally made. I've used lots of different brands over the years and they've all been like you describe.
  • Robm1955
    Robm1955 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. All good points. I do know how to search, and as Chino suggested, I wanted to know other peoples recommendations. I may have to ask at a craft shop, or be cheeky, and ask at a t-shirt printing shop (think I might know the response there though). Thanks Rach_k, you could be right. I've had t-shirts bought for me, with designs which, if the iron goes near them, they are ruined, and look as though they have been ironed on, but most likely done on some kind of hot press professionaly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure