Coop Packaged Bank Account

Options
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone can advise on how to proceed.
I have had a packaged bank account with my coop bank privileged account since they opened it.
I was sold this on the phone, my previous account was opened years before as a student with the same bank.
I have complained to the bank about mis selling packaged bank account based on the phone conversation selling tactics. I was told it would be difficult to get as good a deal on the overdraft that I wanted with any other account. I have no record of this phone conversation.
My claim was rejected and this was backed up by the financial ombudsman due to the fact that I received a letter outlining that I agreed to the sale and that I could have continued with my old overdraft provision ( this was not as substantial and would have cost more for the amount I wanted to lend).
The ombudsman says if Ii can offer more evidence of the mis sale, they would support. How can I do this, others would also have been missed over the phone with no records kept, how do they prove a mis sale?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It doesn't sound as if you have any further evidence to submit.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How can I do this

you can't.
    others would also have been missed over the phone with no records kept, how do they prove a mis sale?
    they dont.

Most PBA complaints fail. Indeed, the FOS uphold rate is only around 12%.

The FOS always include the wording about if you have more evidence they will consider it. Its part of the standard wording.

Your complaint is weak and there is no evidence to support it. So, without another reason that can be seen to be wrong, rejection was always likely.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jollysue
    Options
    hi Both,

Thanks for your advice,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business