Unknown Credit File Searches

Options
I have checked my files and find two searches that I do not recognise:

Noddle has a search from Creditsafe UK limited entitled "Checking credit application" for a post code of a previous address but not an address that I opened any accounts around that time.

MSE (Experian) has a generic check by Smart Credit Ltd at my current address that does not match any new savings accounts, etc.

These two searches do not appear on any of the other files including Clearscore. There are no credit accounts on my files that do not belong to me and all my accounts are correctly reported.

I can find no info on either Creditsafe UK limited or indeed Smart Credit Ltd. I wish to contact both at the end of May to find out what they know about me. Does anyone know of these companies and particularly know of a contact address?

I do not like having data on my credit files that I do not recognise!

Thanks for any help

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    What type of search?

A hard or soft search?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Descrabled wrote: »
    I can find no info on either Creditsafe UK limited or indeed Smart Credit Ltd.

If you type 'creditsafe' and 'smart credit' into Google or another search engine of your choice, results come up immediately.
  • Descrabled
    Descrabled Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To !!!:

Noddle does not tell me if it is a hard search, but, it does say "checking credit application" for Creditsafe UK limited. So possibly a hard search. What are they checking on a former address but not on my current address?

The other search by Smart Credit is a soft search. I did not give anyone my agreement for a search and did not open any new accounts that month. There has been no previous or subsequent search from this outfit.
  • Descrabled
    Descrabled Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To zx81

Thanks found creditsafe in Caerphilly.

However Smart Credit Ltd only appears as company dissolved. Are they Smartcredit Limited at Guiseley? Notice the subtle difference.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Query it with the CRA?

Are you signed up to any price comparison websites and didn't opt-out of "future searches" ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure