CCJ now passed to solicitor?

Options
2»

Comments

• Acidvenus
    Options
    Ah ok, so they can't just slap one on their without the court sending me a form first, that's good to know. I already feel better knowing that.
    It's kinda spoiled my week off work but feel less anxious about it now.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Acidvenus wrote: »
    Ah ok, so they can't just slap one on their without the court sending me a form first, that's good to know. I already feel better knowing that.
    It's kinda spoiled my week off work but feel less anxious about it now.
    The court post out an N56 form, this may be from the moneyclaim centre rather than a local CC, if somehow you don't get it or don't reply it will be transferred to a local court and a bailiff will hand deliver a N61 form (effectively the same form which you fill in and send off) and if you don't a bailiff will hand deliver an N63 form where you attend court and give the statement of means in person. So it's not a case of a letter is sent and if you miss you end up with an attachment of earnings (after all it's been known for the claims forms from moneyclaim centre go astray and a default CCJ registered). Whilst your creditor may or maynot know who you work for, no requirement for you to tell them, the court will ask you which you have to divulge in the form.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure