Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Travel insurance

We have Nationwide "free cover" included in in out account but they wanted an extra £87 as I have arthritis I said I normally get a weeks cover for less than that and was advised the quote was for a year I do not go away that often :rotfl:

I am still covered but not for anything to do with arthritis so a rethink on that account later

This is what I was sorting out yesterday.
    Is your nationwide a joint flexplus account or just a solo account?
    The travel insurance is worldwide cover including US, Canada, and the usual excluded places.
    You need to pay for the extension if you have any investigations for anything in the last year, had hospital outpatients appointments or you are waiting for test results etc
    My OH has 3 conditions so we have to declare all of them . THe extention came to about £160.
    Thats on top of the £13 a month.
    I got various quotes from travel insurance companies - you could try Staysure, Saga, Aviva ... If you dont go outside of Europe you wont need worldwide cover. You are also covered for 2 night stays in the Uk if you need to cancel.
    Staysure gave me the best price and covered everything we need. They emailed me the details and then later I got a text with a discount code. Yesterday I rang them again with updated details, still the best price and then the code made it even better.

So once that was sorted I downgraded from Flexplus to flexdirect - took about an hour on the phone. We are paying no monthly £13 fees now but still get the 5% interest.

Just got to sort out Autoaid now which seems to be £43 but through TCB I can get 12.5%
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I was going to start the horse puns but I'm dashing out and don't want to miss anything:rotfl:

Dare I ask how Cheltenham is going?:D

Very well thank you TM :A

Tuesday was good and yesterday was very good :)

Only 25 minutes until the first today, I can hardly contain myself :o
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I suppose there is no harm in going back to the pharmacist armed with his drug collection and asking if they will interact/interfer with each other.

(I just assumed that the docs had a system whereby if a new meds was added to someones records it flagged up as red on their computers - not sure where I got that idea from)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think we place far too much trust in our GP's.

Enough said.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely accent and most helpful information from a young person from Swansea, Tui customer services :j
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Asda Tesco 14p each
    2x Mr Kipling Fruity Pies Selection (6pk) £3.20 £1.64
    2x Mr Kipling Bramley Apple Pies (6pk) £3.20 £1.64
    4x Mr Kipling Cherry Bakewells (6pk) £6.40 £3.28

Asda Morrisons 30p each
    2x Mr Kipling Fruity Pies Selection (6pk) £3.20 £2.00
    2x Mr Kipling Bramley Apple Pies (6pk) £3.20 £2.00
    4x Mr Kipling Cherry Bakewells (6pk) £6.40 £4.00
    Is this today only or until fixed?
  • Splodge12
    Splodge12 Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone.
    I am a little late to the wine glitch. Could someone please explain it to me
    as I am having a senior moment.
    Hugs to all that need them
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is this today only or until fixed?

just today
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Sometimes the doctors are "blinded" by what they see as a need for that person to take a medication, I was an in patient and needed a drug , the doctors couldn't get in a neck line and were prepared to give it through a cannula, the pharmacist spoke to me and said I had to insist on a pic line as that particular drug would be very painful through a cannula, the doctors would of just added in another pain med, it was rough enough without it being painful too:(, as for a red flag I don't think so , honestly have had a med prescribed and it wasn't until I was so ill that it turns out I should not of had it ever I believe the doctor had not even read my notes before prescribing, that drug killed off my kidney transplant:(, I don't have much faith in my GP

Oh izzey That makes such sad reading ((hugs))

I sort of agree as I have just come of very lightweight opiate based painkillers that made me - not me for a better way of describing my persona Came off them cold turkey and it was not nice But now I am back to being me :T Crabbit , cantankerous etc just the wee wife he loves best

Take care
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thanks zippy :)

cake.jpg
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 March 2018 at 3:02PM
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    thanks for this British Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500 mls 99p totally [STRIKE]ignored[/STRIKE] missed it the 1st time:p

edited to say, cold pressed is a premium one, so a lot better than my normal. this type looks to be £4 in tesco so a better buy than i 1st thought.
    rap.pngrap2.png
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport