PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 3rd June 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all Bright and breezy here so the washimg is out. John is planting up our the two small vegetable beds after a trip to the garden centre on Saturday. Of coutse it then rained most of the day yesterday.

Roast pork with all the trimmings tonight as DS is coming for a meal. I may make an apple crumble too.

There seems to have been quite a lot of battery recharging going on so I hope everyone is feeling rested. Specky glad to hear you are feeling more yourself. Poppy take care of yourself hun.

Well have a good day folks.
    Jane
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! Had appointmet at hospital early today so managed to post a card first for fathers birthday, then on to the appt. All is normal, was given a pre-emptive script in case next infusion gives the same results as the last one, and also managed to park in free parking [benefits of going early!]
    Rest of day will be spent watching film [John Wick 3] using christmas cinema gift card, then measuring the garden to come up with a feasible plan, and nanny, you were right, OH has his weekly jobs planned out, we have made appointments with the CAB and sorted out various other applications for things. Full steam ahead!
    Yesterday was a bit of a meh! day, was recovering from the previous night, so very light meals and plenty of water were the order of the day...Lets hope it didn't upset my WW aspirations...Although I was weighed in the hospital this morning and their scale seemed to imply I have lost weight again...Yay yippee!

Nice to hear from you Poppy, and yes, fatigue is a !!!!!!...WB SR...Oh dear Holly, that sounds bad, what the hell was he thinking putting carpet grippers on there? Don't tell me, to keep cats out...I'm not sure you're allowed to do that, and I think you could report him to the other police number for that, alhough probably a word with him would be better...Let's hope you get some joy from the volunteer people. And well done for joining in things, hope it helps with feeling less alone.. Glad everyone had a nice relaxing weekend, good luck with your Freezer Bingo Nelski :) snoozer, take care of yourself and make sure you have your own meds sorted, it can be so tiring looking after someone else, especially when all the decisions and actions have to come from you.

Wotcha Missings
    Madrush Monday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 June 2019 at 2:30PM
    Options
    Afternoon all
    We were out early to the hospital for bloods for Mr Fix It, then on into town for me to collect my new glasses ( which turned into a bit of a faff but it's all ok now ). I needed to get some new lightweight PJ's and new trainers too and Mr Fix it bought them for my birthday tomorrow. I reminded him that he had already bought me a down jacket ( in the sale ) when we were on holiday, but he still paid up :j. We had coffee and then stopped off at Al*i for milk, bread and fruit and we bumped into Dad doing a small shop. It was crazy in there, with queues half way up the aisles :eek:. ( I also got my Fireman fix ;) ) Good job we met Dad as he forgot where he had parked his car ( it wasn't where he thought it was ) so I wandered around and found it just 4 cars away from ours.
    I came home to find that I've had a raise in my occ pension too :j. Not enough for caviar and champagne, but a bonus nonetheless.
    Tea tonight will be some leftover roast chicken made into a curry and I think we'll have it with rice.
    taff glad to see that you are taking the redundancy in your stride. We've been there and done that twice.......... and come out the other side stronger for it. I'm sure you will too :A.
    ScarlettR nice to see you back.
    Speky please slow down on your weekend, don't want to see you in a tizz again. I need you fit and healthy to do my exercises :rotfl:.
    Poppy nice to see you.
    Holly sounds like you are getting all your ducks in a row....... good on you :A
    TA are you Ok ? Have I missed your posts ? or are you over the van/ busy ?
    I'm glad to see all those people have recharged the old batteries, ready for the next round ? :rotfl:.
    Sending healing vibes to all the poorly ones and hugs to anyone who is in need, for whatever reason.
    Take care
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone ...just been having a catch up. I went back to work today after a week off and have had a very busy day. Went down to DDs for my tea and had lovely cuddles and smiles with little grand daughter. She had her first taste of strawberry jelly and got very excited!
    Holly - I don't want to speak out of turn, but surely your brother could come and see you occasionally before October? Families are strange aren't they?
    Was a dull and chilly day here until 7pm and now it's lovely....I'm sitting on my bed in the sun. Will go down soon and watch Coronation Street and EastEnders. Was very excited last night to discover that third season of The Handmaid's Tale starts next Sunday.
    Hope everyone has a good week and we all get some sunshine
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi chums woke up feeling bright and breezy as it was DGS Henry's 18th birthday today.He had two A level exams to do, and another two on Friday due. I thought he was only doing three but apparently he is doing five !! very bright boy our 'Enry :) but really modest as he rarely talks about his exploits at school ,but Essex Uni have already given him a place.

so after I messaged him to wish him good luck and happy birthday I had a Drs appointment for the follow up to the nurses one a fortnight ago. breesed in ful of the joys and came out feeling quite down .apparently my blood pressure is so high now its classed as severe hypertension 220/110 so not so good .He has put me straight onto medication to bring it down asap, the problem adding to it is I have a bit of a wonky ticker, a left over from Rheumatic fever as a child so he wasn't at all happy.Weird as its normally been slightly on the lower side . I am quite a laid back person and rarely stress about anything so goodness knows what's gone wrong. My diet has been altered dramatically, and I must get some more weight off,plus gentle exercise and fresh air. I find it very hard to slow down though as I am always such a busy person and hate inactivity. Grr

Tonight we all went out to dinner and I was pretty good and ate a lean chicken breast with salad and no pudding and only drank iced water. I am so rarely ill that its been a joke in the family that its a wonder the Dr even knows me as if I go once a year it's a miracle. But I suppose old age catches up with us all eventually:)

The weather is slightly cooler than it was over the weekend which is good as I will get all my ironing done tomorrow.

Got my car cleaned for free this afternoon as the place I go give you a small card and after four visits and it gets stamped you get the fifth clean for nothing :) not bad really as its an inside and out clean and polish and its usually £8.00 I have a seven seater which is considerably taller than my 5'3" so its well worth paying the lads at the cleaning company to do it for me :) there such nice young chaps as well ,most of whom are eastern european and they work very hard bless them in all weathers.

Tomorrow its coffee morning at Dobbies so as its a new month my cuppa will be free from my loyalty card, then in the evening its pub quiz so my ironing will have to be slotted in during the afternoon.

Hope all is well with you all,right must fly as I want to watch a bit of Corrie before bed .

take care chums

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family