Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I never asked for them i was given them along with my other 6 prescriptions a month:eek:

Do you get free prescriptions now Bubbs?

Mine got added on, initial prescription was for 5000iu, but no chemist could get that so it was changed to 800iu! I told them to remove it, and I would buy it myself. 20,000iu twice a week in winter job done :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5039421/prescriptions-paracetamol-nhs-190-million-year/
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• HRT_dependant
    Options
    evening all

check your junk mail

just had an email from argos tester for lego

just wanted to personally thank 3dogs and all the testers for all their hard work:T

HRT xxxx
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 8:36PM
    Options
    99p wrote: »
    My soup shop at 4.32pm worked v MrT - just checked

I think soup will work against T until 6am tomorrow after all (which implies shopping at the latest before 4am in order to check the receipt before 6am), unless the afternoon update has been particularly late and hasn't yet happened.

This refers to the T&Cs, 14.1:
    "...In exceptional circumstances, our prices and the prices of some or all of our Competitors may be updated after 12pm. In this scenario, prices reflected on your comparison will be the prices of the previous day.":D:D (We would very much like this to stay on "the prices of the previous day" to what is now showing on t.com on the current day!)

The APG doesn't update bang on 6am so slightly later shops may work but I wouldn't attempt them - I'm just trying to make sure that it is still on the T mbuy pricing (unless, as I say, there is an update for this afternoon that has yet to happen and will bring T full price with it).

I can guarantee, if I'd attempted this shopping against T, it would have failed:rotfl::(.

It seems more than likely that Tetley Tea would work after all - if shops done at 3pm and checked at 5pm are working, it is more likely the 12pm update has happened and those prices will stay until 6am (shop before 4am in order to be able to check by then). No guarantees! Over an excess of £6 price, I would just shop at T.

EDIT: I think it might work now. I am changing my mind and, if I were shopping, I might now shop at A:rotfl: - I am teetering on the brink again, unclear as to which way I might fall.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you get free prescriptions now Bubbs?

Mine got added on, initial prescription was for 5000iu, but no chemist could get that so it was changed to 800iu! I told them to remove it, and I would buy it myself. 20,000iu twice a week in winter job done :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5039421/prescriptions-paracetamol-nhs-190-million-year/

Yes i do, without getting up not sure what mine are but have too take 2 a day
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Well went to my local shop n save shop which is on the small shops amex list. Bought some printing paper there and few bits to make it £10. Went to pay, and they say we dont accept amex. I said oh will leave it then. Then they pointed to a sign and said you can use amex but it cost £1.50:eek:. Anyone else had this. Needless to say I declined

Principles aside, you would still have £10 goods for £6.50.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • 76rosie
    76rosie Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Options
    hi all.

Glad all seem to be getting some good food and presents for christmas.

i wanted to find time to partake in mullers but im always trying to catch up.

i know i need a trigger but could nt find post that tells me what the trigger is.

i start work at 6-7 am and take it takes an hour to get to work and two hours home. so not be lazy just missed it.
    grocery challenge 9.86/60
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    76Rosie

Bump this for you
    Thanks to Chrisv....This is the trigger v S

Muller shopping list.. Buy 9 plus the trigger(Pic below)

These have been tested against Sains to go with the trigger.. There are corners but I don't think anyone has bought any apart from the trigger...Just to add that the corners are slightly more expensive in Sains 50p So it is probably best to stick with the list below...

1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35

1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Chocolate & Orange Limited Edition Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    Chrisv wrote: »
    xmas.jpg
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • 76rosie
    76rosie Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Options
    thank you so much marmite. i definately did not see this. going straight after work tomorrow!!!
    grocery challenge 9.86/60
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    9_BE93_A7_A-_A85_F-4_C0_C-_A0_AA-6244_D0_B4_F617.jpg

Dawn s Tree
    She needs to straighten th
    at light out on the right ;)
    evening all

check your junk mail

just had an email from argos tester for lego

just wanted to personally thank 3dogs and all the testers for all their hard work:T

HRT xxxx
    Just logged on to post this. I got the email about half 1, saw it about 3, and still loads left. Just checked there, and STILL lots left.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Has anyone seen Reids of Caithness biscuits in Adsa please? It says on their website that they are stocked in Adsa, but when I look on the Adsa website and MSM, they cant be found, so might just be North of the land. TIA
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family