Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening elite, I was accepted onto the Argos testers panel but have never received an email😥

You are still a stage nearer than me - I was rejected :(.

We would have loved to test Lego - we love Lego in our house :).

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Anon wrote: »

Anon

Until you walk barefoot through a room with it all over the floor:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • lj*
    lj* Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    Originally Posted by gocat viewpost.gif
    Well went to my local shop n save shop which is on the small shops amex list. Bought some printing paper there and few bits to make it £10. Went to pay, and they say we dont accept amex. I said oh will leave it then. Then they pointed to a sign and said you can use amex but it cost £1.50:eek:. Anyone else had this. Needless to say I declined

This might have been because Amex charge shops 5% which is a lot higher than for other card payments. Very difficult for small shops :(
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Until you walk barefoot through a room with it all over the floor:eek:

Been there done that, my ds has forbade me from getting rid of his lego, not that I would, he still gets a small set in his stocking, he's 31😂
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • spud01
    spud01 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    On my diet, I have been through the stage of eating whole cucumbers, usually whilst driving along the M1..... it is dangerous!

One which was set up pre my introduction to the Elite.

She was rather nice.

I have met 2 other glitching ladies... one Morrison's biscuit isle, one at the tills (only a few weeks ago), and this lady.

I may have been the one at the tills a few weeks ago I think, were you buying razor blades?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's been years but went on a bit of a yellow sticker hunt yesterday for a change and thought about the ELITE. So glad to see the community (and so many of its familiar faces) still exist.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It's been years but went on a bit of a yellow sticker hunt yesterday for a change and thought about the ELITE. So glad to see the community (and so many of its familiar faces) still exist.

Well bless my soul:D

How are you doing:)

Have you bought any gift sets yet is the question?:p
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »

Anon

Its really strange. I have not been offered anything since the coffee machine, and with all the lego that has been on HUKD, I was really fancying making a lego set up to re-live my yoof, but could not bring myself to spend on one. Would have preferred a normal set to a technical one, but hey.
    Its a set that isnt released until after xmas.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Been there done that, my ds has forbade me from getting rid of his lego, not that I would, he still gets a small set in his stocking, he's 31😂

The pain:o I remember it well;)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    I know I was warned about the t bags but the gift sets compared to Sainsbury's and not tesco

1x Tetley Original Tea Bags (240pk) £6.39 £4.00
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.08
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.25
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.25
    1x ASDA Chosen By You White Chocolate Buttons (30g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Ice Cream Sundaes (50g) £0.25 N/A
    3x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) £18.00 £12.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £25.17 £16.68
    +£8.49 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    Where a product comparison price is N/A, either, a) the independent agencies that collect the price data have not found an equivalent product at the named competitor, based on the comparison criteria (see Terms & Conditions) ; or b) the product is part of a particular promotion which makes it difficult for a fair comparison to be made (see Terms & Conditions).
    Comparisons are limited to a maximum of 10 items per product and 10Kg for items sold by weight.
    All prices displayed in red are net of any multibuys savings or discounts. For example items that are £1.47 each which are part of a "2 for £2.50" promotion will be shown at £1.25 each where the customer buys the required quantity. They may therefore be a different price to that shown on your receipt or delivery note.
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure