Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Best of luck at the hospital today KATHRYNHA. I hope you get the date for your op. Be careful there and out and about generally, so much illness around especially this awful flu. I hope those around you who are ill don’t have it.

Thanks, and that's definitely what 2 around me have. The flu jab no good for the strain, and my immune system is naff at the moment. Been trying to care from a distance, with packages left just inside the door, and stuff.
    Zebras rock
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Here's hoping for good news for you today Kathryn and a swift recovery for all your 'poorlies'. I've one here but luckily she's a good patient!

Good losses Nicki and Lioness - well done!

Moneysaverme, I'm a confirmed Aldi shopper as are others here. I think there was a bit of a row recently about the Benefit bars and whether they're a HEB - others may know the up to date situation. I have an odd addiction to Cherry Bakewell Alpen Lights....

My favourites are the 0% fat greek yoghurt for cereals and an acceptable alternative for dressings, sour cream etc, the 4 packs of 0% fat Greek yoghurts, lemon and strawb are free, reduced fat sausages in the chiller (1.5 syns each), 5% fat beef mince, lamb rogan josh (1.5 syns) as a ready meal, far nicer IMO than the SW ready meals, the Super Six fruit and veg which changes every 2 weeks, I could go on!! If you do a search for Aldi slimming world, there are several lists of free and low syn foods on various sites.
  • kathrynha
    Options
    esmy wrote: »

Moneysaverme, I'm a confirmed Aldi shopper as are others here. I think there was a bit of a row recently about the Benefit bars and whether they're a HEB - others may know the up to date situation. I have an odd addiction to Cherry Bakewell Alpen Lights....

According to the app at the moment 2 bars are a HB for all 3 flavours.
    Zebras rock
  • gingerfurball
    Options
    Hopefully I'm not too late for the chart...we had a hectic weekend - will update weight then go back and read through the thread (drama includes MIL being rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke - but I'll come back to that)

Weighed in Saturday with a 1 lb loss

Going back to catch up in a wee minute x
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Hopefully I'm not too late for the chart...we had a hectic weekend - will update weight then go back and read through the thread (drama includes MIL being rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke - but I'll come back to that)

Weighed in Saturday with a 1 lb loss

Going back to catch up in a wee minute x

Well done on the loss. I've updated the chart. I won't change the one above, but next weeks one will be correct.

Hope your MIL is okay
    Zebras rock
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all
    Thanks so much for all your kind words :)
    Just weighed in with a -4lb
    That’s the Xmas gain gone- plus I’m now lighter than before Xmas :j
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • gettingtheresometime
    gettingtheresometime Posts: 6,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 January 2018 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Think I'm officially big boned of the week lol but well done to all the losers.

Thanks for the chart Kathrynha - could you put me down for 22lbs ? This will then then get me to my target :j - the thought of having a holiday is tempting but that's what I got to lose so I might as well be honest about it.

Went to the cinema to see Star Wars - can't work out if my attention span is decreasing or it was too long but more than once I looked at my watch to see how much longer it had to run.

Good news was that, for some reason, there was no popcorn to be had but I took a hifi bar and a bottle of diet coke so temptation from the beer was well out of the window.

Just checked the app and the cereal benefit bars are showing as a heb for 2 bars.

Decided today to have 20g of cereal rather than the 40g as I found I was uncomfortable after eating that amount - with it I had the yogurt bur also had some defrosted raspberries and to be honest even that was too much. It does mean I can have a hifi bar tonight as the other half of my heb.

Lunch is going to be the usual veg and meat combo and tonight hubby is cooking a curry so that should be SW friendly.

Got my fruit for snacks so I should be OK provided hubby keeps away from the crisps!
  • CattyCatX
    CattyCatX Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2018 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome to the group! First WI for me later, so will report back!! Don't feel like I've lost any inches or anything as all clothes still as tight as ever but it's only the first week and I definitely feel like my energy levels have improved and I'm sleeping better so I guess that's success of a kind! Will see what the scales have in store..
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see losses coming in. I think you must have such willpower to have a Monday WI. I always need time to recover after the weekend. :T to MrsR, and gfb, nicki and lioness.:T

kathrynha wrote: »
    Thanks, and that's definitely what 2 around me have. The flu jab no good for the strain, and my immune system is naff at the moment. Been trying to care from a distance, with packages left just inside the door, and stuff.

I shouldn't smile but it does sound like the plague in 1665! Hope you get positive news at the hospital.:)

Like esmy, I'm an Aldi convert. I've only recently started eating yogurt and I like the 0% Greek in a big tub which is just like Total but much cheaper. I have it as an evening snack with either red fruits or occasionally a pear.

We enjoyed the LM 'stuffing balls' with last night's dinner. Strangely, they tasted more like sausages and less herby than normal which was odd. If you like pigs in blankets with a roast then you'd enjoy these. I notice they're on offer in both Sainsbury's and Waitrose at the moment although even then they can be more expensive than some meat.

DH is out at dinner time tonight but as I had a fry up this morning I won't have my favourite egg and chips.:(

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, HEA milk, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, ham
    L: ham with fried LO veg and pickles
    D: roast chicken, SW chips, beetroot
    Syns: NONE!
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    **sneaking in with tail between legs**

Well its been months and months since I posted on here and tbf months and months since I ate SW friendly but I need to give myself a bit of a kick up the bum so I'm back if you will have me :)

I'm about a stone heavier - my scales have given up the ghost so it could well be more than that but I am hoping not! Life's basically got in the way of my eating well but I'm now bursting out of my clothes and feeling generally urgh. I'm also happier than I was roughly 3 months ago so hoping not to comfort eat any more. So I would like to join the challenge but not until I get some new scales which is hopefully this week - I could go to Boots and weigh but think I might cry if I saw my actual weight so maybe not the best idea :rotfl:

I have a night out planned with some friends at the end of thiis month so I want to be comfy in my jeans that I am currently bursting out of so that's mini target number 1! Hoping to get back to the gym this week too once I have chased the last of my cold away so hopefully that will help with losing the inches :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure