Company wasn't taking the direct debit

Options
13»

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No time to check where your money is going from the bank, but enough time to spend time on here pointlessly posting stuff that is irrelevent.

Move on and pay up.

End of stress for you.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    edited 22 August 2019 at 2:32PM
    Options
    As others have said the starting point is that you owe the money I don't think anything can change that - you owe them the money from a legal point of view and also from a moral point of view (after all you have had the service that they provided)

however them setting a collections agency on you is simply not right they should not have done this

if it were me I would call them and ask to set up a repayment plan and also ask them for some compensation for their setting the Collections agency instead of just asking you for the money.

you never know you might get 100 or £150
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    18cc wrote: »

however them setting a collections agency on you is simply not right they should not have done this
    I reckon there is a good chance they haven't "simply" handed this to a collection agency. They have probably asked once or twice before they did. The OP is not in control of his spending, so there's a fair chance they are not in control of their mail/email, either, and may well have missed earlier requests for payment.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you are most likely right
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business