Worth holding on to HSBC's Insurance Aspects?

Options
I've been grandfathered into this insurance offer for £11.95 with my current HSBC advance account, but with account switching offers, I'm looking into whether it's worth holding onto this.

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/insurance/aspects/
  • Worldwide Travel Insurance (for eligible customers aged under 70) - (Never used it, touch wood)
  • 24-hour Motor Breakdown Assistance (Have to be with the vehicle - not always the case - need seperate cover for when the missus is out, but at least home breakdown is covered)
  • Mobile Phone Insurance (used it once for a badly cracked screen, £50 excess, up to £1000 replacement)

My next step would be to see what quotes I'd get for a like for like service. Does anybody have a general feel for its value?

Comments

• Curbo
    Options
    Hi Keekstuff. I have used the breakdown service twice, the mobile phone repair once and just recently the Travel insurance. On every occasion I have found the service to be impeccable, I couldn't recommend it more highly. The recent travel insurance claim was due to having to cancel a big holiday we had planned to South Africa, due to my father-in-law receiving a terminal cancer diagnosis. The people at HSBC claims have been excellent; they were clear on what I would need to provide to make a successful claim and settled within 2 weeks. I had a discrepancy on the settlement amount and was lucky enough to speak to Charlotte at HSBC Claims, who took the details and agreed to make direct contact with Trailfinders to resolve the matter. I got a call back in 10 minutes to resolve the issue. I've felt that everybody I have spoken with regarding this claim was extremely sympathetic, the approach was a very human one. I usually think the worst if I have to deal with insurers; I can't praise the HSBC claims team highly enough.
    Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport