Refused written confirmation of car insurance auto-renewal cancellation.

Options
I recently received my LV= renewal email quotation for our car insurance and found I could save £70 by moving to another mainstream insurer - and get better cover into the bargain. Nothing new there then.

The renewal email from LV= stated that they would auto-renew the policy if I did not notify them of cancellation and the only option to do that was by phone.

On phoning LV=, and finally getting to speak to a real live agent, I said I wanted to cancel the policy. After a few questions, she stated the renewal had now been cancelled. Naturally, I asked for their email confirmation of the renewal cancellation but she replied, 'we can not do that'. I objected by saying that without written confirmation of my cancellation they could, if they wished, deny that I had ever phoned them! No dice, flat out refusal of email confirmation.

This is the second time this year I have been refused email confirmation of a cancellation phone call, the previous occasion being the nigh on impossible task of cancelling my EE mobile contract.

I think customers need to be more challenging about such one-sided, highhanded treatment by major service providers. Anyone else had the same problems?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport