IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vehicle Control Services - 4 year old ticket - County Court Claim - Withdrawal

Options
:j

Just received a notice of discontinuance about my court appearance later this month! With the help of you lovely people that is two for two in the past 6 months! Parking Eye via POPLA and VCS disappearing back in their holes. Hope they cease this disgusting practice soon!

Thanks again!

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done - a rather nasty monkey off your back. :T

I think you have an existing thread about this VCS ticket, would you be good enough to update that, because in a few months time we'll get a poor sap coming along and posting on it asking 'wot appened'? With the best will in the world, given the daily deluge we deal with, we are unlikely to be able to remember!

Thanks.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This need not be the end of the matter, they have wasted your time, now waste theirs, send them a CC claim.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

You have six years to follow up.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wimblebob wrote: »
    :j

Just received a notice of discontinuance about my court appearance later this month! With the help of you lovely people that is two for two in the past 6 months! Parking Eye via POPLA and VCS disappearing back in their holes. Hope they cease this disgusting practice soon!

Thanks again!

Brilliant :beer: VCS chickened out because they knew their claim was rubbish
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 December 2019 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Well done at the discontinuance. You have seen them off.

VCS have not been successful with these historic claims. The claims that have been robustly defended on this forum have been expensive for VCS. Because they are historic, signage has changed and landowner authority may have expired (if it was there at all).

This makes it difficult to substantiate the evidence and has resulted sometimes in a second hearing. That has meant double the costs of a representative and on occasions the second hearings have been allocated for two or three hours.

The representatives in the first hearings never seem to want to repeat the exercise which says it all really.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport