Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mrmmhf wrote: »
    LOL. No, we had a monster day yesterday: 36.6 Os.
    That seems an exceptionally large figure from a unit system that is supposed to level out reports from different sized installations.

So what is the size (kWp) of your system and yesterday's generation in (kWh) ?
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • mrmmhf
    mrmmhf Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't seem to upload images on this forum.

SolarEdge reads: 34.6kWh - it's a 6.16 kW system, and the panels were in full sunshine, all day.
  • mrmmhf
    Options
    IMG_1399-2.png
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    Options
    34.6 Os yesterday.

That’s kWh.

To calculate O’s you need to divide the above by the size of your array...6.16kWp in your case.

This keeps us on a level playing field for the purpose of comparison.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't seem to upload images on this forum.

SolarEdge reads: 34.6kWh - it's a 6.16 kW system, and the panels were in full sunshine, all day.

One last thing* another reason for undersizing inverters relates to the permission required from the DNO when you add a SSEG (small scale electricity generator) to the network. For anything that can (even theoretically) export 3.68kW's or more, you need prior approval from them.

So, combine this with at the time a FiT tariff that reduced at 4kWp+, and we get an additional reason to keep the inverter at or below 3.68kW. Basically as far as the DNO was interested, you could have as much PV as you like, so long as the inverter wasn't capable of exceeding an AC output of more than 3.68kW.

When I added to my original 3.58kW system that at the time had two inverters totalling 3.7kW (in this instance the PV being under 3.68kW) I had to get permission from the DNO, and I'm now allowed to have inverters totalling 5.9kW.

*Obviously I and others love to chat about PV and all the ins and outs, but to prevent too much diversion on this thread, best to choose another, or might I suggest you start one based on your personal set up, as I find it interesting, and my sister has just bought a property with mains leccy and water but no other services, and when she moves in I'm on call to offer suggestions such as heatpumps, PV etc etc.. So the more you can share the better.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Not even a solitary O on Friday, then 4.22 Os yesterday.
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • mrmmhf
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    That’s kWh.

To calculate O’s you need to divide the above by the size of your array...6.16kWp in your case.

This keeps us on a level playing field for the purpose of comparison.

Thanks for the explanation. Got it now.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,549 Forumite
    Options
    4.175 O's here today:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    Options
    4.3 O's yesterday.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Good day yesterday with 3.80 Os. Beginning to think I won’t see 4 Os again this year as last year the last day I made that was 7th August (although I did have 3 or 4 days right at the end of the month when my system was shut down.)
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback