Virgin Money - New Card Increase

Options
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any luck with asking Virgin Money for a limit increase on a brand new card to cover the a full balance transfer?

Comments

• T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If the card is brand new, the limit assigned would be of current up-to-date standard. This means that their credit check and internal scoring has determined this limit of present. It would be pointless for them to determine a limit and then increase it straight away.

Asking for an increase at the moment is too soon, although I have never had a Virgin Money card, so someone might have more relevant advice that could be of assistance to your query.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • Peter6268
    Options
    When I received my Virgin Atlantic Reward+ CC (from Virgin Money) I needed another thousand pounds of extra limit to pay for some first class flights with Virgin Atlantic (also to get more Virgin Points for future use plus the 15,000 bunus miles and the Gold member Tier reward for spending over £10k).

I rang Virgin Money, told them the reason for the request and my limit was raised by £2k straight away without query.

So I would say ring them, the worst they can say is 'no'.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Peter6268 wrote: »
    When I received my Virgin Atlantic Reward+ CC (from Virgin Money) I needed another thousand pounds of extra limit to pay for some first class flights with Virgin Atlantic (also to get more Virgin Points for future use plus the 15,000 bunus miles and the Gold member Tier reward for spending over £10k).

I rang Virgin Money, told them the reason for the request and my limit was raised by £2k straight away without query.

So I would say ring them, the worst they can say is 'no'.

Jesus, I need to head down to Virgin Money :rotfl:
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Since when have Virgin Atlantic offered a First Class product?
    I believe that Virgin Money will consider credit limit increase requests after the seventh statement.
    Of course you can call and ask but I am pretty sure the answer will be NO.
  • Peter6268
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Since when have Virgin Atlantic offered a First Class product?
    I believe that Virgin Money will consider credit limit increase requests after the seventh statement.
    Of course you can call and ask but I am pretty sure the answer will be NO.

Sorry, I meant 'Upper Class' tickets (abeit I personally hate the term as it sounds so snobbish).

However, SWMBO certainly wouldn't travel in anything less and she is the boss!
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a Virgin card and when I got it I didn't get quite a big enough limit to transfer the balances I wanted too.

When I phoned to ask he told me to wait until I'd had the card 6 months before applying for a limit increase.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure