PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    silvasava how about as foot cream?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good idea Floss - thank you.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • rchj4
    rchj4 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got a TV with a DVD player incorporated in it for my bedroom .
    I'm having a great time finding DVDs in the charity shops ! The max price seems to be £! but some are only 4 for £1. Many of them will be taken back to a CS when I've watched them .
    Trying to reduce my weight again so fortunately my bedroom 'cinema room' is a long way from the fridge !!!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Took another bag of books to the chazzer and browsed that and several more. Because I'd overheard in several charity shops that trade has been slow this week, I felt honour-bound to ease the vise on my purse.

From the Everything 50p chazzer; a pair of Pap@ya grey office-y trousers and a pair of loungewear trews in an incredibly soft viscose. Shame their top has got separated from them (appear to be new) but I shall look forward to wearing those; muted dark purple with a white floral print on, looks nicer than it sounds, I assure you).

There were other things I could have bought but I restrained myself due to space (lack thereof). I saw zero B & H sets, but did see some other faux-fancy sets of other toiletries, which I managed to resist.:p
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We have had a little trawl round the shops today and managed to get the following:

Spotty Sainsburys Teapot £1, Whistles printed thin knit jumper £2.60, BNWT M&S super skinny jeans in a raspberry colour £3.99, Hype sweatshirt for DS £2, BNWT microfibre hair wrap £1.25, BNWT Bradford Sock Company wool socks £2.99 for DH.

DD got some lovely checked cigarette pants for £2.20, only Primark but look unworn and also a checked skirt she has been looking at for ages, it was £3.49 and she thought it too much, today it was 1/2 price.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Miro - that sewing box sounds like an interesting find.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In a dog rehoming charity shop today, (for pennies but I rounded it up as they're nice folk), one pair of horrendously pink & yellow & unspeakably girlie patterned-without-actually-having-lace socks, for wearing to the gym. My work socks can remain Firmly Disassociated from the trainers etc.

Gradually I am assembling a "gym wardrobe" which noone will recognise me in! (Let alone try to nick.) Also in colours that go charmingly with the high-vis waistcoat, to make hitting me ambling to & from demonstrably a deliberate act. I've even got a set of ultracheap not quite suitable for bike lights. (Anyone might think I Do Not Want Me damaged.)
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Irenadler wrote: »
    Ah, mystery solved, thank you :). I will still have a go at using it, rather than waste it, although it's not something I would usually use (can't re-gift, etc. as I threw box away).

It's the thought that counts!

I agree and actually i think the stuff is fine. Smells good keeps you clean...what more do you want :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I can't use B&H as it irritates my skin...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pinkladyvenus
    Options
    Got a pair of Reef sandals for £1, brand new, at a local charity shop that sells every thing that is donated, it is a bit of an Aladin's cave.
    Sealed pot challenge member 437
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport