PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 16th March 2019

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Today I am planning on having a PJ day watching TV and reading. I didn’t feel that well yesterday morning but knew that something wasn’t right, and by the afternoon I had developed a UTI. A quick emergency trip to the GP and I’ve got a short course of antibiotics. Thankfully I’m already feeling a bit better.

In view of the forecast high winds and rain for this area staying in seems like a sensible option.

Dinner will be something quick and easy, but I’m not sure what yet. I will have a root around in the freezer later and see what takes my fancy.

I’m thinking of getting a Remoska so if anyone has one and can offer some information on how they find it I would appreciate it. I used the small oven to cook a garlic chicken breast yesterday and my electricity usage was 3 units more than the day before. I am really looking at it as a cheaper way to cook this sort of thing. I think I am most worried about not being able to control the temperature.

It sounds like most of us prefer early hospital appointments so that we can get in, out and back home quickly.

Lainey I hope that you are feeling a bit better now.

Gers it was good to read that your mum is starting to recover. I’m sure that she will enjoy the food you are taking in for her.

Nanny it sounds like the diet is going well.

JackieO I’m pleased that they no longer give radiotherapy for six weeks like they did when you had it that was a long while. I would have been constantly worried that something would happen and I would miss a session and have to start the six weeks again.

Whatever you are doing have a good a day everyone.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, long and informative post has just flipped out of existence.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning Holly and all to follow. Hope you pick up today. I could write a book on UTI's but thankfully my one a day a/b is keeping them at bay these days.

Another day of heavy rain but at least the gale force winds have dropped a bit - for now. And the chance of snow didn't materialise either so it's not all bad. I could have done with a bus trip into town this morning but may just stay put and keep dry.

Have a good day all and ((HUGS)) for all in need of them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Another wet start to the day here with snow forecast for most of the day, can't wait!

I picked up a children's bed set from a seller on Gumtree yesterday, a small bed, bedside cabinet and chest of drawers, all for the princely sum of £55. With the DGC staying more and more I have to sort out the bed situation, little DGS is still sleeping in a travel cot and although he can still sleep for 12 hours he's getting a bit big! I managed to get it all in the car (it's a very small car) and have to unload it all today. I think I'll paint it all white as it's pine at the moment, I like a bit of painting.

I'm going back to yoga this morning, not been for a few weeks but I think my back is better so I'll give it a go.

Bedding in the WM, bathrooms cleaned last night, just some shopping to do at some point.

Hugs to those in need. Take care and have a good weekend. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one and those who are poorly or looking after poorly people x

Happy birthday to those with birthday x

DH and myself enjoying first cuppas, will head for the shower shortly.

Wet underfoot and still blustery, getting a bit fed up of it now - but its better than snow and ice I suppose.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips and beans for the menfolk. I had mushroom omelette and salad. Tonight will be hot quiche, scotch eggs, jacket potato and side salad.

This morning I'll head into town to visit the building society and pick up a newspaper. Today will be quite lazy as w'll be watching the rugby this afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 March 2019 at 9:38AM
    Options
    Good Morning :wave:

Well the storm is back big style here really windy and rainy. No plans to go anyway so I have my favourite pjs on and am going nowhere for 2 days :D Worked till 10 last night then couldn't get to sleep till after midnight so my coach and horses disappeared and it was back to rags :D

Food last night was one of my chicken kievs and I made some extra garlic butter to serve in honour of not having to go anywhere today with my pungent breath :o
    I have a black bean burger in a brioche bun with all the trimmings for tonight I think thats my last one in the freezer so I am really tempted to make more but I'm resisting as I am still no where near emptying my freezer stocks yet

Not much planned really today apart from the usual clean through and of course some chefy programmes. Also have comic relief on planner so will watch that with lots of fast forwarding through the bits I dont want to watch.

Holly I'm interested in the remoska answers and I know some people on here swear by them. Not been convinced by the reviews yet but our girls know best :)

Have a lovely day all :A

Edited to add...forgot to mention my baby car passed its MOT :T so proud :D
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning! Up early again woop! Blustery, grey and windy as this morning. May take a trip to Lidl in a minute to get some croissants for breakfast. OH has just gone to bed, think I might have been snoring last night then, he was asleep on the sofa with the cat, who came back again yesterday evening. This time I've written a note to his owners to let them know who I am.
    I have the pressure washer ready to go, will see how I feel later on about using it. I think I'm going to try to finish a few sewing projects today and organise what fabric is going where, what's to be sold and what's to be used and what's to be given away. This a pretty big job so may take a couple of weeks to sort out. I've got some get up and go back so we'll see.

Holly, glad you got that sorted out quickly, yep, stay in, watch Nelskis husband [heyNelski, did you get pjs with bananas on? AOD wants to know....]..TA, same to you, actually the same to everyone, it's really yuk today outside. Stay safe everyone, have a good day if you can.
    Wotcha absentees for whatever reason
    Sprightly Saturday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, it's raining here, the forecast is a bit miserable as well.

Just as well you acted promptly for your UTI Holly
    . I've looked at the remoska many times, we have a caravan and I've wondered if it would be useful there. There again, we tend to eat quite simply in the van, no complicated recipes with lots of ingredients. I have a small slow cooker in the van, a gas oven and hob,and that seems to do

At home I have a combi microwave which is great, and a halogen oven which I use a lot, plus the usual oven and hob, and a pressure cooker. Since I got the combi I don't use the "big" oven half as much.

Not much going on here today - pick up a 2nd hand high chair for Dgs that I've bought from a local Facebook selling site, bit of shopping, the usual stuff.

Thinking of the sad and poorly people

take care folks
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. Wet here today. Going to the gym in a bit. Need to do some shopping. Work is getting to me we are one short as we have some one who rings in sick at the drop of a hat and when she’s there does what she likes we are expected to cover I am running between 3 classes on a dry day and on a wet day it’s worse I feel like giving up. Dh said just walk away. I could increase my cleaning job it’s more money for less hassle. I like the kids not sure what to do. Dd goes to high school in September I think I will be gone then but I don’t know what to do They did pay me this month though
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Good for you on sorting that UTI so quickly Holly horrible things. Am feeling better thanks, my friend and I were discussing it at the yard yesterday and we’re convinced the winds have given us both bad heads this week.
    It’s all meant to calm down after today, bit fed up with it now tbh but if it’s not too bad later I will pop over to see Lu. I had her cantering yesterday which was very exciting if the snorting etc is anything to go by but she was a good girl for her Mum and no mishaps.

Tea wise I’ve taken some chicken thighs out of the freezer so something Spanish style with chorizo and peppers is in order.

Hugs to all poorlies, have a good day folks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport