get rid of a verruca!

Options
My young son has got a verruca. Are the over-the-counter remedies any good or does anyone have a better idea? Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place but we really wanna get rid of this thing! :(

Comments

• aussielle
    aussielle Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    Bazuka gel from the chemist shifted son's
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • scattycat_3
    Options
    Miss Aussie, sons? :-X
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • aussielle
    Options
    Mrs Aussie .....2 teen sons  :o ;)
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • scattycat_3
    Options
    Hormones/testosterone :o :-X
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • aussielle
    Options
    overload

::) ::) ;D ;D ;);)
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bazuka gel from the chemist shifted son's

is comes in a white box..

if that dont shift them after a week, try the extra strength one (yellow box), cos that has killed of my eldest daughters, she had six in a 2 inch cluster
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Scholl corn plasters have the same stuff in them as their verucca plasters, but a stronger dose, so I use corn plasters on my occasional ones. Husband uses Compound W on his more frequent ones, stinks to high heaven. On the sons, I ignore them and they go away, eventually, but then they don't seem to hurt them, whereas I remember excruciating pain when I was young!

If they (the veruccas, not the offspring) are troublesome and OTC remedies don't shift them you can take them to GP. I don't know if they still freeze them off. Be warned, if they do, that IS excruciatingly painful for a short while afterwards!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • stoofusfc
    stoofusfc Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    As absolutely daft as this sounds, I heard on BBC radio fivelive that tea-tree-oil combined with banana skin is supposed to work. I think that you have to tape the skin of the banana smeared with tea tree oil and then cellotape it to the bottom of your foot....................bazuka gel it is then. ;)
    Waddle you do eh?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used that Wartener stuff from the chemist as minime had 5 verrucas on one foot. At first i thought i had wasted my money as it took ages to do something but they dropped off after about 10 weeks. Left a great big hole in his foot too. :o
  • Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bazuka it is then. Thanks to you all. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure