I booked wrong airport OTB

Options
2»

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you end up not taking the flight claim back the APD, if possible without involving OTB
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies
    I haven't done anything yet. Yes I can get the bus for €150 return but as we land at night it'll be 1 or 2am by the time we get to the hotel and with it being our first holiday abroad I'm a little bit nervous.

I'm waiting for otb to get back to me first just because if I say one thing to one person then do something else I'll end up messing things up.

Thanks for all taking the time to reply though.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't done anything yet. Yes I can get the bus for €150 return but as we land at night it'll be 1 or 2am by the time we get to the hotel and with it being our first holiday abroad I'm a little bit nervous.

I'm waiting for otb to get back to me first just because if I say one thing to one person then do something else I'll end up messing things up.

Don't wait too long...

I suggest that you telephone Easyjet and ask them about changing the flights. Remember that the cost of doing so may increase but will never go down.

OTB do not have a good reputation for customer service. Once you have spoken with Easyjet I suggest you see if you can telephone OTB...
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Shuttle Direct will fo a coach transfer door to door, family of 5 for £81.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Airlines are used to no shows. It's a fairly common occurrence.
    Agreed. They regularly overbook seats because there will be no shows: in their planning, if everyone booked on a flight turns up, then they'll offer some people standby.
  • lea2012
    lea2012 Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've done the route from Barcelona to Salou a few times.
    We've taken a coach transfer twice which was relatively simple and took about 1.5 hours, we've also hired a car and drove down which was really straight forward and was handy to have the car for a couple of weeks too.
    I would call easyjet first, or even see if you can amend online using your booking ref and email address. You'll find the easyjet ref on your flight voucher and will likely be a combination of letters and numbers, sometimes named a supplier ref.
    Failing that, call OTB and see what they say but it could be an option to change your flights to Reus if there is availability on the dates you travel.

Do weigh up the cost of changing vs the cost of a coach transfer though as its really not that far or that difficult and could actually be the easiest thing to do,even at a late hour.
    Lea :confused:
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    The issue is that a number of airlines will cancel the return if you don't take the outbound, it all depends whether tickets booked as a return or as two separate tickets.

Some airlines will but with the majority of low cost carriers (including EasyJet and Ryanair) all tickets are singles. They don't do returns.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Thanks for all taking the time to reply though.

Depending on how long you are there for you can hire a car for less which will make travelling around much easier especially with children.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Some airlines will but with the majority of low cost carriers (including EasyJet and Ryanair) all tickets are singles. They don't do returns.

The OP needs to establish if they have a return ticket booked, or two singles. It's not as simple as saying x and y airlines do this so you might be ok.....
  • Hermione_Granger
    Options
    The OP needs to establish if they have a return ticket booked, or two singles. It's not as simple as saying x and y airlines do this so you might be ok.....

It is (and always has been) impossible to buy a return ticket on Easyjet.
    Irrespective of the number of sectors involved, Easyjet tickets are always sold with each leg being a single.

Here's a couple of tweets from their Twitter account:
    easyJet@easyJet
    Feb 9, 2016
    @jonvickers
    Hi Jonathan, Even if you don't use the outbound sector, you can still travel on the return flight as it remains valid. ^Anna
    easyJet@easyJet
    Nov 22, 2018
    Yes Iv!n. As we're a point to point carrier, each flight on a booking is a separate entity and not classed as a return. This means that if you don't take one flight, any other flight on the booking is still available to use. Anne.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/davidarchbold1/status/334578377216364544
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport