PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily 4th March

Options
2»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! Have to take my car to get something checked on it today, it was part of a recall last year, I phoned twice to book it in, but they didn't have a book once and forgot to ring me back once and so it's third time lucky. The SM is just across from where it is, it'll take [they said..] two hours so I'm meeting someone in there for victuals and non alcoholic hot beverages.
    I met her last week [ first time in a while] and she volunteers in a local [to her] CS and suggested I could do the same. I don't think I'm up to that but it's a thought for another time.
    Lovely chap from the CAB rang this moring, I'm afraid I wasn't very compos mentis [again! it's definitely the tablets] so I think I failed to get across just how grateful I am to him.
    Speky, a lick and a promise is when you give it the lightest possible touch of cleaning to make it look tidy while prmosiing to do a proper clean later .Take care driving Nelski, it's not you, it's everyone else :) Holly, yep. I'm also afraid his sister is doing the same thing [ not sure if it is his sister, she;s a very small tabby but they have the same shaped face] Enjoy your stroll! Bozwood, hope the scan goes well! Jackie....pancakes!!! not sure about giving anything up though, maybe I'll give up feeling like poo in the mornings :)
    Wotcha absentees....
    Magnifico Monday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Its been windy here but not a storm.Its quite nice atm though still windy.DS2 and I have been to breakfast & book reading at DGS school for World book day,all the children were dressed up.We dont normally see him until Wed after the weekend so a nice bonus for us,his Mummy was at work so couldn't go.
    DH and I had a ride out yesterday to an artisan market next to a canal but it turned out to be much smaller than it looked in the ad on FB.We just bought some doggy treats and then went into a bistro for some lunch but after we had a drink the girl came and said the chef wasn't back until 20 past 1 so we thought it would get too late by the time he was set up,just paid for the coffees and came home.I had a chicken that needed to be cooked so we had a roast dinner instead ;)
    DNiece and baby went home yesterday afternoon,her BP and his feeding were ok so they got the go ahead. She loved the dungarees I got and a plush dinosaur.I didnt get the 1st size as she had loads.

Just popping to see Auntie up the road.Hope you have a good day xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It was a wild and windy night here last night and we are still being battered by the rain. The temperature isn't too bad though so I haven't had to put the heating on yet.

Steve was up for most of the night with me but he still went to work this morning as he has an important meeting today. I went back to bed and slept for a few more hours and didn't get up until 10am.

Just had an interesting conversation with Phoebe. She really wants to move out soon and has been saving like crazy from her job. She wants to house share with her friends for now and so I will help her to find something suitable. I will miss her so much but she is 19 on Sunday and wants to stand on her own two feet.

I must get some chicken out to defrost for dinner tonight. I will be having my main meal at lunch time for now to see if that makes a difference. I prefer to eat earlier as I am often so tired by dinner time that I don't fancy what we are having and just have some cereal instead.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Storm ? What storm ? and there's me sitting here all yesterday looking like a fishermans friend in my souwester and wellies :rotfl:. All that for a few gusts of wind and some heavy showers :(

Today it's heavy rain showers again. Unfortunately we had to go out this morning to put Mr Fix It's script in the surgery and then on to the chemist for some ear spray for him. I refuse to shout any louder at him, as he was quite deaf yesterday and I am getting frustrated that he can't understand my hand signals either :eek:.

This morning we got soaked every time we got out of the car, so now we're home and I'm staying here on the sofa and recharging the old batteries :p. I have nothing planned for today, other than emptying the DW and putting the recycling out later.
    Tea will be some sort of pork dish as there is some leftover from Sunday lunch and we'll have it with probably chips or wedgies, easy :j.
    Holly glad your DB sorted your leak...... you could have borrowed my wellies :rotfl:. Enjoy your walk today.
    Nelski I want cheese and pickle butties now ! As I'm still on my diet I'll have to settle for cheese and pickle on crackers. It's never the same though :(
    ScarlettR I too love ribbons, lace, material and even pretty buttons. I could browse in the haberdashers for hours but I'm banned from buying any more stuff as I'm not using it, just looking at it :D
    Organza Lace I hope your DD is in recovery mode.
    dp1 glad you got to cuddle your DGD.
    RosyRed hope your DN and baby boy enjoy their time at home together.
    Hugs to all today.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all. Still a bit windy here. The storm didn't seem so bad as expected last night thank goodness.
    DH and I have had a pottering morning He chopped the veg for a split pea soup and that is simmering away nicely. Next time thoough I will soak the split peas overnight lol

Ol glad your daughter is feeling better.
    Nelski safe travelling.
    Well have a good afternoon folks. Hugs and kind thoughts to all who need them.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening - the day has been bright, dry and very chilly!

I waited to chat to my cleaner before going out, haven't seen her for months and wanted to ask her to do tiles and surfaces. Sometimes she forgets!

My face to face student was 'easy' enough, he's a very pleasant chappie. I went to the tip beforehand, called into college to print out seven application forms for potential new tutors and dropped off some paperwork to a friend. Not a very taxing day!

Once home I've just done some more spreadsheet work and was relaxing when I got a text from my car insurance company to say that the foreign lorry company which owns the HGV which hit me back in August last year have accepted fault and my excess is being repaid - result.:j

Thanks to all for sharing your day. Cars, children, grandchildren, winds, rains, illness, wellness and all stations inbetween, I seem to have a wee chink into so many other lives. Sometimes I imagine the posts as letters being written between friends and sent around the world. Perhaps a touch fanciful but it keeps me going.:rotfl:
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    TA I have tried to pm you but it says your inbox is full, please delete a few messages I would like to send you one xx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    RR, TA hasn't been on line since 10am on the 1st March.

She and I always PM each other once a week, but I have no idea what went on to so upset her, Let's hope she is just taking some time out and perhaps working in her garden.

Candlelightx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    RR, TA hasn't been on line since 10am on the 1st March.

She and I always PM each other once a week, but I have no idea what went on to so upset her, Let's hope she is just taking some time out and perhaps working in her garden.

Candlelightx

Thank you, if you do hear from her would you mind telling her I have tried to message her and that I am thinking of her xx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Will do

Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business