Comments

• GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    my CEA card lasts 3 years which is longer than my DLA award
  • heather2209
    Options
    is this available at all cinemas, as my local is a vue, and they do not advertise this??
    Piggy Points (started 27/04/07) 2115
    Quidco (started 27/04/07) £17.82
    Comping Challenge £0/£180
    May Grocery Challenge £108.76/£220
  • yamerias
    yamerias Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Mine does not advertise this either.
    Did you hear the one about the man who could not be destroyed?

They burned him...they buried him alive...they disconnected his internet...
    but he keeps...coming...back.
  • allydowd wrote: »
    If you have an Orange mobile phone you can text the word "FILM" to the number 241 and they will text you a message which you show at the cinema on Wednesdays and you can get in 2-for-1. This costs 35p each time you use it.

Right, three friends and I arae going to the cinema on Wednesday. Three of us have mobile phones. Obviously, we only need to pay for half the tickets, but would they let us get away with only paying for one?
  • jetcat
    jetcat Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    is anyone aware of any rules that say the 'carer' has to be an adult? In one cinema i was told in no uncertain terms that i could not use the card for my 11 yr old, as children were not allowed to be carers! I have been too worried to try another cinema, and have just been paying for her - i would love to be able to treat her more, as she does so much for me, and i know she gets fed up when i go to see films with my support worker (as i can then use the card.)
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, that's terrible - AFAIK most places allow child carers unless the carer is needed to provide physical assistance such as lifting. Is there another cinema near you that you could go to?

It might be worth contacting the CEA and asking for something in writing, which you can then keep with the card.

The Card Network
    Network House
    St Ives Way
    Sandycroft
    CH5 2QS
    Tel: 0845 123 1292
    Fax: 0845 123 1296
    Minicom / Text phone: 0845 123 1297
    [EMAIL="info@ceacard.co.uk"]Email us[/EMAIL]
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • kentyy
    kentyy Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's good to know, thanks.
  • jetcat
    jetcat Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, that's terrible - AFAIK most places allow child carers unless the carer is needed to provide physical assistance such as lifting. Is there another cinema near you that you could go to?

It might be worth contacting the CEA and asking for something in writing, which you can then keep with the card.

The Card Network
    Network House
    St Ives Way
    Sandycroft
    CH5 2QS
    Tel: 0845 123 1292

Fax: 0845 123 1296

Minicom / Text phone: 0845 123 1297

[EMAIL="info@ceacard.co.uk"]Email us[/EMAIL]

many thanks for that - i will do, and post back if i get a response. I have actually used it this morning with DD1 at another cinmema (god bless High School Musical lol!) and there were no problems. But, in anticipation, i have also emailed their head office, so am hoping they will email back saying it is ok to use for a child, then i will print it out and take it with me in case of problems. But, i def think i will be sticking with the new one (sorry - not sure if i can mention names etc!)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right, three friends and I arae going to the cinema on Wednesday. Three of us have mobile phones. Obviously, we only need to pay for half the tickets, but would they let us get away with only paying for one?
    I'd be surprised if you didn't find some small print saying you couldn't use this with any other offer, and that might apply to both the Orange Wednesdays and the Carer's ticket. Happy to be proved wrong, of course!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport