Vanguard direct to customer offering confirmed

Options

Comments

• MrWizard
    MrWizard Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If we transfer do they transfer the block of money at current fund price or at the price that we bought it. I'm with HL so probably want to move soon.
  • MarcoM
    MarcoM Posts: 798 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    has anyone tried to ask HL about reducing their fees?

also how difficult do you think it would be to transfer
    an isavfrom hl to vanguard? matter of weeks or days?

thanks
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    george4064 wrote: »
    I don't have any inside info, but I would be very surprised if Vanguard offered anything other than Vanguard products.
    Vanguard chap interviewed on Sky's Ian King said - never say never but no current plans at all presently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 May 2017 at 8:30PM
    Options
    Hello all,
    For your interest, I have transferred an ISA from Fidelity to Vanguard. All monies are in VLS funds and the transfer was completed within 2 hours of my online request. "Every little helps".
    Regards
    Billy
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all,
    For your interest, I have transferred an ISA from Fidelity to Vanguard. All monies are in VLS funds and the transfer was completed within 2 hours of my online request. "Every little helps".
    Regards
    Billy

That doesn't sound right at all, transfers are usually more like a matter of weeks.

What did you actually transfer from Fidelity to Vanguard? Was it cash, unit trusts or shares/ITs?
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • hennerz
    hennerz Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Mainly as it is true in the UK. One of the few countries where that is the case. Unlike many other countries where passive is better.

Most of the passive vs managed research comes from the US and cannot be applied to the UK directly. In the US it does make sense to be in passive.

Oh dear. Not correct...

Vanguard-Figure-2.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

https://www.etfstrategy.co.uk/vanguard-calls-for-fees-health-warning-on-funds-67345/
  • Redski69
    Redski69 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    george4064 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right at all, transfers are usually more like a matter of weeks.

What did you actually transfer from Fidelity to Vanguard? Was it cash, unit trusts or shares/ITs?

Agreed, I'd wager it's a Re-Registration of assets to be administered on Vanguards Platform from Fidelity ; rather than a Tranfser Out which involves a Sell Down of assets to cash and a re-buy.

In answer to the earlier posters question too, HL will give you the current price on the units rather than the price you bought the assets at.

However rather than cashing out into the market, guidance would steer you towards re-reg'ing the assets over transferring them out in cash.

HL also have an Exit Fee but speak nicely to you new platform & they'll probably cover that for you ;o)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello George and Redski,
    It may not sound correct to you but I can assure you my transfer has taken place as described. IE my VLS funds ( previously with Fidelity) are now with Vanguard and the correct balance is showing on my Vanguard account.I have also placed a small amount in cash with Vanguard to cover future charges.
    Regards, Billy
  • Redski69
    Redski69 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hello George and Redski,
    It may not sound correct to you but I can assure you my transfer has taken place as described. IE my VLS funds ( previously with Fidelity) are now with Vanguard and the correct balance is showing on my Vanguard account.I have also placed a small amount in cash with Vanguard to cover future charges.
    Regards, Billy

No that makes perfect sense Billy. You've just re-registered the assets from administration by Fidelity to through Vanguards platform now and timings make sense as Vanguard is your Fund Provider for the assets you hold in the market.

I misread your note that you'd transferred the assets, as in a Transfer Out which means selling them to cash and then rebuying them in the new platform - but you hadn't done that - my mistake !

What made you leave Fidelity, just Price ?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure