One Select - New Energy Company

Options
13»

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    vkharch wrote: »
    It is secure now, with https before the web address. Though true about "Self-Service Portal is unavailable at the moment for essential maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause." with the picture saying will be launched shortly.
    I've started switch process with them as my Iresa experience is not going smoothly, I guess they lack resources as way too slow.

Well done to them for now having a secure web page, although it does seem a bit basic to no have had this in the first place. The online management has changed from 'coming soon' to ' down for maintenance'. Begs the question has it ever been working or have they changed the message for cosmetic reasons?

Currently deciding between Extra Energy and these guys. Have been with EE before so know about their appalling customer service, but they are the cheapest. Both tariffs have no exit charges which makes it less of a decision. This tariff is fixed which might be a benefit.
  • vkharch
    vkharch Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One Select seems to initiate the transfer, however on the enquiry regarding self service portal got this:
    Due to current volumes of emails being received, we anticipate on being able to come back to you in no later than 5 working days. However, we'll certainly aim to come back to you much sooner than that if we can.
    Previous email was answered within hours, let see how it goes this time...
  • mk1008
    mk1008 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Please share your updated experience with this new supplier.

I'm also tempted with the tariff.

I might switch to this new supplier.
  • mallyboy5
    mallyboy5 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    i have just switched to one select and can say i am peed off already no communication and when i phone i am kept hanging on the phone and eventually give up and its cost me £3 in phone costs so i am going to go back ie my original supplier its always the same with these one man bandsas i was with extra energy a few years ago will i never learn
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's interesting, One Select is still the cheapest supplier in the Cheap Energy Club for me, however the gap is now narrowing in terms of pricing with several of the 'new' energy companies, (in comparison to my current tariff).

With E.on's cheapest tariff £131 pa more expensive than my current tariff, I'm hoping the gap will narrow even more with some of the big companies, over the next 12 months.

It remains to be seen, but I'm fully expecting to have to pay £10 a month extra, due the rise in energy prices overall, when my tariff finally ends.

I think that's key, realising my energy will cost more, balanced with everything an energy company offers, including excellent customer service if you encounter problems?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • mk1008
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

My choices for the switch are OneSelect because it's one of the cheapest option from MSE Energy Club, or switching to SSE collective tariff via IChoosr.

OneSelect is not the cheapest, the cheapest is Green Network Energy. But they can charge you exit fee, if you move house and didn't switch back to them. It's not a good option if you are renting and need to move house within the contract.

If I switch to SSE collective tariff, I need to pay about £30 more from the personal projection. I might switch to SSE if the feedback for OneSelect is not realy good. I've been with SSE before and I didn't have any issue with them. Maybe paying £30 more is a safe option.
  • vkharch
    vkharch Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I've cancel my switch to OneSelect, as current provider finally managed to put its act together, so cannot comment much on customer service but cancellation was done via email and I did not have any issues, also I did cancel DD before any payment could have been taken.

My only reservation with them is that self service is still not working yet so account cannot be managed online.
  • mk1008
    Options
    It's very long time to receive response by email. We should call them instead of emai.

Their office working hours 8:30-17:00 Monday - Friday.

It's difficult if we need to contact them outside their working hours.

I tried to contact them due to there is no dual fuel discount on the welcome pack they sent to me.

For anyone tried to switch with them. I suggest calculate again their calculation, especially monthly debit amount.

You need to see if the dual fuel discount is in your welcome pack.

If there's no dual fuel discount I will lost about £60/year. SSE new contract (SSE 1 Year Fixed v11 paperless) seems a better contract with cashback from TCB/Quidco. Cashback from MSE Energy club is only £30.

I might cancel the switch if they can't sorted out.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am switching at present. No too enamored by their email saying that they were very busy and would take 5 days to come back.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    zaax wrote: »
    I am switching at present. No too enamored by their email saying that they were very busy and would take 5 days to come back.

You'll be less enamoured by their online account system. Its been 'down for maintenance' for 3 months. In fact it's never been working at all. I sense all is not right with this company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure