Probate and IHT

Options
2»

Comments

• Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    They are lying!
    Yes, indeed, simple mathematics should tell people it cannot be done for such a price. A 'proper' solicitor charges between £200-£300 per hour to do a proper job.
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Margot123 wrote: »
    Yes, indeed, simple mathematics should tell people it cannot be done for such a price. A 'proper' solicitor charges between £200-£300 per hour to do a proper job.

I would also be sceptical about firms offering such a service for a low price but I also don't buy that a proper job necessarily needs someone who charges "£200-£300" per hour.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    newatc wrote: »
    I would also be sceptical about firms offering such a service for a low price but I also don't buy that a proper job necessarily needs someone who charges "£200-£300" per hour.
    Actually £200-300 per hours is not unreasonable depending on where in the country. The OP needs to shop around and avoid non solicitors like the plague. They also need to insist on a work done charge not a percentage of the estate value.
  • jamiel1991
    Options
    Thanks for the all advice which was given, in the end I did it myself due to it being a simple estate and received the letters of administration a couple of days ago and now the house is sold subject to contract thanks guys all the advice is on the forum what you need to know and what to expect
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure