Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Options
    locarr wrote: »

They look fabulous, it is a shame we cannot pay with APG or points!

:D:D:D:D
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o Yes house moving & The Stuff...

Already Mum is making lists of what can go & what to keep.

Anyone want 100 milk bottles with adverts on them? :rotfl::rotfl:
    :)

That Sister has had biopsies & scans. We have all had a video chat thingy with her this evening from her hospital bed.
    Prof has been round & isn't hopeful about the position of cancer & laser treatment :(
    We will know more tomorrow at appt in St Helens.

So Good night - long & maybe emotional day tomorrow with a very early start :)

Bestest ♥

I dread to think where your head is right now, one high then a massive low, will be thinking of you xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Probably already common knowledge to everyone except myself (until now) - the Nik Naks Variety multipack is NOT a trigger, on account of the fact that it is not in the 3 for £3 mbuy (at least in my A it is not). I therefore replaced it with the Walkers Ketchup Crisps, which I don't really like. However, they'll probably be okay as they are crisps and crisps are crisps so I probably will like them or :idea:I can take them to use at some Christmas Party and they will always like them there.

I was under the impression that the Niks Naks were a trigger as someone bought some on a shop earlier that suggested they were a visible trigger - however it seems the Ketchup crisps were used instead. As far as I now know, the only trigger is the Ketchup crisps, the ones that I found several weeks ago:p. This is unless I am mistaken and someone else posted it, in which case my sincere apologies to the actual OP.

It seems it was a false alarm on the Palmolives in M - I now think they are remaining at full price and unfortunately what I think are correct SELs in my second store have therefore moved me to what I now believe to be the correct price, which is full price. However, as can be seen from my earlier post, I had a store with the offer prices still showing and it would probably only take another couple of stores like that and the price collectors could still get the offer price - they have been going all sorts of different ways on items recently, some of them seemingly correctly and some of them seemingly incorrectly, although the chances are most stores have full price as that is what (I believe) the correct prices are.

I think the Selection Boxes offers were due to have expired and should have expired in M today - however it seems the offer has been extended a little, possibly as Mr T has its on offer until 23rd November, as at least one of them - the Santa Selection box 169g - which it seems Mr T does not have - is still £1. As far as m.com is concerned, the selection boxes are now showing £2 full price but the website also has an advertisement that says they are £1. I still had offer label of £1 in one store, that conflicted with £2 now being displayed at the entrance of my other store, and I have had the 169g selection box that I had scanned and it is £1 (in the store that is showing £1). However...

I think it is more likely that the selection boxes are currently comparing against M at £1 and are likely to change to incorrect £2 once today's collection reaches the system in a day or two's time. Although I saw the selection boxes picking up £2 price for M, I think that was before the current collection got into the system. On the day for that, the prices showing, at least for me, were more clearly £1 in M. I think today is likely to be going to see several stores showing £2 price, perhaps having changed last night in time for when the price was due to go up to £2 today and they might change back to £1 late, tomorrow, and miss the price collection, and also the shelves of my store that has the £1 is frankly in a mess over that and does not have the full range.

Of course I am waiting for them to be 50p after Christmas - and I've concluded that, even at that RTC price later on, post-season, the small numbers of products in some of these boxes and the amount you get (or rather don't get) for that price makes them still quite an expensive way of buying chocolate or a very good way to sell to the general public an item at higher price for really not many bars of chocolate simply because it has Santa or Christmas labelling on it.

Anyway, I have what I have from today, which is half a single side of updating plus two sides of items most of them remaining at the same price as before but will have to be ticked and crossed off for the few that are not, I hardly work efficiently but, having checked wider than what I should in the first place, I have done the full proper lot now, as best I can with what my store tonight has. I haven't seen some items therefore, although I do at least have another version of what may be a new item (need to check if A still sells the blighters:rotfl:) on offer that I suspected would also be on the offer (my earlier store only had one version and not both but the second at least has filled in the other version for me with confirmation of that).
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    This is a good deal, both the shreddies and the shredded wheat are 50p in my P Stretcher. I now follow PS on FB ;)

D4_D38198-_ABBB-4447-83_F9-48885_AE2530_D.jpg

They have been 50p in mine for at least two and a half weeks already - is this because most of the boxes (on both) are BB December 2017? However, whatever the apparent 'shortness' of that date, I have no problem whatsoever as people here will get through those boxes very quick!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A vs W

2x Heinz Creationz Mexican Beanz (390g) £2.00 £1.20
    3x Heinz Creationz Lentil Curry (390g) £3.00 £1.80
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 N/A
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.10
    1x ASDA Pickled Baby Beetroot (440g) £0.52 N/A
    1x ASDA Greek Style Natural Yogurt (200g) £0.50 N/A
    1x Genius Gluten Free Triple Seeded Sandwich Loaf (535g) £2.50 £2.00 TMF + 50% off at sopimum.
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) £0.99 £1.00
    1x Deli Cuisine Ham Trim (600g) £3.50 N/A
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If you buy something at A's and they charge you more than the price on the SEL but didnt realise till one got home, can you still go back and complain and would I be entitled to anything like a £2 gc for instance?
    tia :)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 November 2017 at 11:43PM
    Options
    For savvy womble A v M

14 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Carrot Batons (300g) £0.38 £0.59
    1x Hartley's Jelly Orange Flavour (125g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Dole Tropical Fruit in Tropical Flavour Jelly (123g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (2pt) £0.85 £0.85
    1x Silvikrin Classic Maximum Hold Hairspray (250ml) £1.50 £1.60
    1x ASDA Italian Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle (450g) £1.94 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Still Spring Water (2l) £0.17 £0.18
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baby Wipes (80pk) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) £0.50 N/A
    1x Nestle Curiously Cinnamon (375g) £1.00 £2.65
    1x Ciabatta Squares (4pk) £0.80 N/A
    2x ASDA No Added Sugar Zero Orange Crush (2lt) £1.00 N/A
    1x Dreamies Cat Treats with Beef (60g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Dreamies Cat Treats with Chicken (60g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Iams ProActive Health Complete Cat Food for Senior Cats Rich in Chicken (700g) £3.00 £3.00
    1x Robinsons Fruit Shoot Summer Fruits Juice Drink No Added Sugar (8x200) £1.00 £1.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Seedless Grapes Snack Pack (150g) £0.75 £1.00
    1x ASDA Sesame Italian Breadsticks (125g) £0.75 £0.80
    1x Liberte Excellence Salted Caramel Indulgent Yogurt (440g) £1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Chicken Curry & Rice (400g) £1.00 N/A
    1x 2 Bake at Home Baguettes (2pk) £0.70 N/A
    0.21x ASDA Kiln Roasted Peppered Mackerel Fillets (per kg) £1.87 N/A
    1x ASDA 6 Very Large Free Range Eggs (6pk) £1.20 £1.20
    Comparison total (compared products only) £13.60 £16.37
    cheaper +£2.77

Is that one they got on 'reduced to clear'? No good vs M at £1.50 when buying on reduction - is there anywhere that it is N/A against?
    [...]
    1x ASDA Smart Price Toilet Roll (12roll) £1.98 N/A
    2x ASDA Toad in the Hole (300g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Crispy Potato Croquettes (850g) £1.15 N/A
    2x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.40 £0.50
    4x ASDA Smart Price Ready to Serve Custard (385g) £1.00 £0.68
    2x Birds Eye 2 Chicken Quarter Pounders (227g) £2.00 £2.88
    1x Bakers Complete Dry Dog Food Small Dog Tasty Beef & Country Vegetable (1kg) £2.50 £3.10
    4x ASDA Crumpets (6pk) £1.12 N/A
    4x Kingsfood Hot Dogs In Brine (400g) £1.96 £2.00
    1x Ariel 3 in 1 Pods Washing Capsules Colour 38 Washes (38's) £6.00 N/A
    2x ASDA Smart Price 4 Cheese & Bean Bakes (4x100g) £2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £21.65 £23.08
    cheaper +£1.43

I will be moving the BE Chicken Quarter Pounders to straight £1 for M, if that's okay with everyone (and will still be doing so even if it's not), as that's what I now believe they are in M.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    locarr wrote: »

Ta for this - I wonder how copper bottom they actually are - but I am going to have a look on Thursday
    Its a pity its Aldi - its a store they use all of the tine ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My Christmas list is not looking good - pan set went up in price this morning so Ive been looking all over again.

Also last night I found for Eldest child a thick acacia chopping board with 2 drawers underneath - it went out of stock this afternoon and I cant find anything similar ...:mad:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    :o Yes house moving & The Stuff...

Already Mum is making lists of what can go & what to keep.

Anyone want 100 milk bottles with adverts on them? :rotfl::rotfl:
    Strange you should ask that :D ...............
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family