Kids pass subscription help!

Options
Hello,

I signed up for the kids pass app on 1st august for the 1 month trial period which cost me £1. I had no reminders from the company via email during that month that my subscription was due to end but luckily (well I thought that at least!) I remembered on the 31st in the evening to cancel. So I did this via the app. I then had an email stating that I'd cancelled. However, the full subscription amount of £39.99 has been taken out of my account. I've emailed the company who said...

"As we are a subscription service we inform you at the time of registering that you must cancel before 5PM on the day before your payment date as we cannot cancel the payment once this has been processed.

Throughout the sign up process you are informed of the subscription after the 30 day period and provided with the date of the payment. Just in case this is missed, we ask that you have read, understood and comply with the terms and conditions of the membership. You are unable to continue with a membership unless this has been confirmed, read and understood.

As there is a cost associated with your membership we are unable to refund this year’s membership fee.

I understand that this is not the response you were hoping for although we hope you understand why we cannot refund the payment."

So they've said I can write a letter to management if I'm not happy with this!!! So before I do, I need some help on where I stand and what to write. I will not use this app, the deals are no good for me and I didn't receive any emails from them throughout the month. I'm so angry as I don't work I'm a full time mum.and money is very tight, this payment has taken me into my overdraft.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family