Execution of will

Options
Hi
Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.

I have been named as a beneficiarie in my grandparents will, and I will receive 25% of the estate.
Probate has finished and there is a figure in the probate which I assume I will receive 25% off.
My mother is the executor of the will, however she has not said anything about distributing anything to me, I have had to buy a copy of the will just so I know what has been said.
There is a property involved and the will states it should be sold, however she is planning to move in.
Is there a time frame that the will should be settled?
Is there any legal advice I can receive about forcing her to execute the will?
Does she have to execute the will?

Thank for your help.

Comments

• Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    Wood1980 wrote: »
    Hi
    Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.

I have been named as a beneficiarie in my grandparents will, and I will receive 25% of the estate.
    Probate has finished and there is a figure in the probate which I assume I will receive 25% off.
    My mother is the executor of the will, however she has not said anything about distributing anything to me, I have had to buy a copy of the will just so I know what has been said.
    There is a property involved and the will states it should be sold, however she is planning to move in.
    Is there a time frame that the will should be settled?
    Is there any legal advice I can receive about forcing her to execute the will?
    Does she have to execute the will?

Thank for your help.
    The executor MUST execute the will as soon as reasonably possible. Thee executor has o right to occupy the property and is abusing her position. I would suggest you write a polite but firm letter telling her she must respond within 14 days or face legal action. SHE will be liable for the costs. If this fails you have no option but to start action against her. You need a solicitor who deals with contentious probate, not all do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure