VM Landline

Options
Hi
Was wondering if anyone has any advice on getting rid of Virgin landline, tried altering my package and unticked the phone package. Couldn't believe what it did to the monthly price, is there a way round this or do they have me by the short and Curly's?
cm62

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Usually cheaper to keep it.

Unless your playing real hardball and given them 30 days notice
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    You don’t need the landline these days - I never use mine, but I’d be stupid to cease it because you lose your multi-play bundle and the cost goes through the roof... it is money saving to keep it and never use it.
    if you cancel, your costs will go through the roof, and far more than the amount you save by cancelling. For even more fun, pay your line rental in advance and save even more (only available to those who already do this).
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (only available to those who already do this).

WHy, have they stopped this for new customers?
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Yes - it was ceased (Annual Line Rental Discount) Around May 2018. Indeed they were quick to add that only if the customer renewed it BEFORE the annual renewal date would they honour it. Miss it by as little as 1 day and it could not be re-added to your account.

They want to accelerate the demise of it - and I was told it would probably be dropped entirely this year or next.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure