Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • claretmad62
    • By claretmad62 11th May 19, 7:12 PM
    • 190Posts
    • 173Thanks
    claretmad62
    VM Landline
    • 11th May 19, 7:12 PM
    VM Landline 11th May 19 at 7:12 PM
    Hi
    Was wondering if anyone has any advice on getting rid of Virgin landline, tried altering my package and unticked the phone package. Couldn't believe what it did to the monthly price, is there a way round this or do they have me by the short and Curly's?
    cm62
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 11th May 19, 9:49 PM
    • 3,821 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 11th May 19, 9:49 PM
    • 11th May 19, 9:49 PM
    Usually cheaper to keep it.

Unless your playing real hardball and given them 30 days notice
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 12th May 19, 2:00 PM
    • 8,201 Posts
    • 3,011 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 12th May 19, 2:00 PM
    • 12th May 19, 2:00 PM
    You dont need the landline these days - I never use mine, but Id be stupid to cease it because you lose your multi-play bundle and the cost goes through the roof... it is money saving to keep it and never use it.
    if you cancel, your costs will go through the roof, and far more than the amount you save by cancelling. For even more fun, pay your line rental in advance and save even more (only available to those who already do this).
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 12th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 3,821 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 12th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 12th May 19, 3:02 PM
    (only available to those who already do this).

WHy, have they stopped this for new customers?
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 15th May 19, 9:26 AM
    • 8,201 Posts
    • 3,011 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 15th May 19, 9:26 AM
    • 15th May 19, 9:26 AM
    Yes - it was ceased (Annual Line Rental Discount) Around May 2018. Indeed they were quick to add that only if the customer renewed it BEFORE the annual renewal date would they honour it. Miss it by as little as 1 day and it could not be re-added to your account.

They want to accelerate the demise of it - and I was told it would probably be dropped entirely this year or next.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,357Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin