Supplier and manufacturer refuse a refund

Options
I purchased a LG washing machine online through ao.com 8 months ago. After a few weeks of use It started making loud noises and vibrate excessively. Five months on (since I reported the problem) and with the visits from 3 LG engineers, the issue remains unresolved. No-one wants to take any responsibility for this washing machine being faulty. The LG engineers could only find one excuse, the flooring! (assumptions they make without checking the machine), however when they produce reports, they say that they found no faults. Machine was installed according their instructions and they checked and confirmed that it was installed correctly. The problem with this particular type of washing machine was reported by other customers across the Globe. The LG engineers are basically telling their customers what they have been instructed to tell by their head office and ignore the real issue.The supplier (ao.com) I purchase machine from, accept the reports from engineers and don't trust me that the machine is faulty. I sent them a recorded video showing how the machine is vibrating, jumping and how it makes a loud rattling noise. Both ao.com and engineers agreed that this is abnormal but they still refuse to give a full refund or exchange for a different washing machine.
Any advise please?

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to get an independent report. Your consumer rights are with the supplier so it's AO who should refund.
  • NewUser20
    Options
    Thank you for advice. Do you think I can claim money spent on independent engineer's report?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 January 2020 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Yes ... the reasonable cost of the report should be covered by the seller (AO) as long as it states (on the balance of probabilities) that the fault was inherent - present at the time of sale but not apparent.

Your final course of action (should AO remain intransigent) is a Letter Before Action (LBA) followed by Moneyclaim Online (MCOL).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    NewUser20 wrote: »
    Thank you for advice. Do you think I can claim money spent on independent engineer's report?
    Certainly the cost of any report which backs up your concerns would be refunded by the retailer. However, if the report does not support your assertions you will not get any refund. The three engineers who have already inspected the machine blame your flooring, so perhaps it might be wise to look into this issue first? Is the floor uneven? Has a previous machine been installed in that exact place without issues?
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above, its between you and AO. Get an independent report, also gather evidence from other users, maybe use Twitter and Facebook.

Put all this into an LBA and give AO 7 days to refund or replace.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My machine does the same vibrates and moves .

The why is it sits on an uneven floor .
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP is it on an uneven floor as JJ Egan says ?

Have you considered puting the video on twitter and link in LG and AO ?

You might find 1 of the 2 gets something sorted, maybe even find out who the boss of ao and uk boss of LG are and let them know about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure