CCA request reply help

Options

Comments

• Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are correct in the explanation that they do not have to provide the document with your signature, or even a copy of the exact document you've signed but simply one that has all the points of original agreement.

So what's next is figuring out how do you want to pay the account.
  • brobbo1989
    Options
    would I be able to provide them with a full and final settlement to clear the account?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes, that may be the best way forward.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's not a very legible copy, but probably good enough.

Try making Robinson way an offer, or ask them what they would accept, don't be shy !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • brobbo1989
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    It's not a very legible copy, but probably good enough.

Try making Robinson way an offer, or ask them what they would accept, don't be shy !!

could I do this via email or is letter still the best way to go?
    if I was to ask them what they would accept id image they would just say the full balance?
    what is the best percentage to start at? 50%?

Brad
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    brobbo1989 wrote: »
    could I do this via email or is letter still the best way to go?
    if I was to ask them what they would accept id image they would just say the full balance?
    what is the best percentage to start at? 50%?

Brad

Should really be a letter, start low, you can always increase your offer.

National debtline provide the correctly worded template letter you should use.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • brobbo1989
    Options
    superb, ill take a look and keep the thread updated
    thanks
  • brobbo1989
    brobbo1989 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2017 at 2:06PM
    Options
    So had a reply to the offer I sent
    They now was a breakdown of the Income/Expenditure filled out.

on the letter at the bottom it says that it will show as partially settled with a zero balance.
    does this mean that they can't ask for the rest

Scanned_Image_Fotor.jpg
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Partially settled with a zero balance is correct for this sort of deal.

Whether you fill out their form is up to you. I notice (very useful to see the whole letter) that are trying to establish whether you own a house/own a car/are employed: three ways of enforcing a court judgement.. Also whether you have significant surplus income.

Provided you can answer negatively to all that I'd say to fill it in.

Oh, and you've missed out blanking a couple of things on the second page
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    What happened to the £40K you had in the bank, have you now bought a house?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure