Gregory Pennington PPI

Options
I was with Gregory Pennington back in 2005.
I have contacted them today (18/02/16) to find out if I was paying PPI to themselves.
I was told I was, this was news to me as I only signed up to get out of debt.
Didn't expect to be paying PPI to a company that helps you get debt free. I knew there was a monthly charge, which I accepted.
My point is, why would you have to pay PPI to a non creditor?
All creditors that I did have, that went through Gregory Pennington had PPI. Which I have successfully retained a refund from all of them. (Through my own work, no company to pay a percentage to)

Has anybody else been with Gregory Pennington? If so have you claimed back anything from them? Or in the process of doing so?
Would like to know if they understand my reasons for attempting to claim back.

If you are reading this, and have previously been with GP, I urge you to contact them and lodge a complaint.
They didn't lend me money, so surely I didn't need protection on that..

Comments

• crazygal_2
    crazygal_2 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I wrote to them twice and did not get a reply

Do you have a contact number?

Have you had anything back from them since posting?

Thanks
  • Raewood_2
    Options
    I am in the process of claiming back PPI from GP. They are making it difficult as predicted but slowly slowly catchy monkey... They have sent me some copy statements but not all, meaning a delay because I have to request the missing ones. Interestingly the missing ones are the first few and the last ones so I'm wondering if there are things/other charges on there that they don't want me to see? This process is making me very paranoid!
    They say I was aware of PPI as it was on my statements.... very flimsy in my view.
    Anyway, it may be a long hard slog but go for it, claim your money back. I certainly had no idea what PPI was back in the early noughties when I had an account with them. Another point to consider is that people only approach these companies when they have no other option, through desperation. It makes my blood boil that you are then exploited by money grabbing ******'s at a time when every penny counts.
    Good luck
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you had an account in the late nineties, you're moe or less stuffed for complaining and being successful because they won't have been regulated.

If you had phoned the national debtline, they probably would have advised you not go with a fee paying company.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure